Buy one or have one built?

Don't buy an MV Augusta, I had to put the one I bought together properly because I got sick of bits dropping off.

On the subject of building, I've spent 4 hours trying to get the tail piece of my Z1100R replica in the right place, and looking at it earlier I'm still not happy with it, paying someone to be as fussy as me would cost a fortune (or they might have got it right first time :D )

Perferd said:
I have seen some really nice bikes I like on kijiji for sale so I do like the idea of taking to someone to check it out throughly...

You're in Canada?

Perferd said:
The duc bmw aprilia mv were all goin to be 2016 sportbikes...

There seems to be more coming on the market as we move closer to winter. I generally wait until the snow flies, seems prices drop directly proportionate to temperature.

I guess it is possible to get a used bike like I was looking for but I wanted new lol...

Also even though the cafe would be an older bike with many used parts it still would feel like a new bike to me...

You might be able to go new on your budget, dealers won't want to pay the carrying charge over the winter. I see Apex, in Cambridge, has a fair number of Ducati's listed. I realize it's a long drive, but it might be worth walking in with cash in your pocket. http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Ducati/959+Panigale/Cambridge/Ontario/5_28786119_20090918150955328/?ms=motorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=14_15_32

PM Paul Dutra, member here, owns back alley moto in Toronto area and may be able to build a bike to your budget and I would trust his work. Good dude and a buddy of Tim's(DTT creator) so he'd vouch for him too.
http://www.backalleymoto.ca/

Thx for the post about the shop...

I had found a couple just using Google

Smyth Innovations which I think is in chatham
and
Cafe Racer Canada which is in toronto

I don't know anything about either I just noticed then on Google as being close

I know Paul and would trust him to treat you fair and built a safe bike. Not sure of his rates or anything but an email or phone call will give you that info.

Cheers,

Maritime

That's why I love forums cause members are so helpful. I appreciate the heads up and will definitely check them out...

Back
Top Bottom