"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Tune-A-Fish said:
How about this one then ???
https://memphis.craigslist.org/mpo/5151700412.html

Musta been a real good one eh... listing already removed

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Pics?

Tune-A-Fish said:
LOL... Last two pages of latest purchase, It's a fine specimen ???

good score. I woulda been sleepin on the couch, but I would have also owned a ducati for that deal lol

hurco550 said:
good score. I woulda been sleepin on the couch, but I would have also owned a ducati for that deal lol

Eventually they need l ovin too ::)

Look at all the pitting on his polished parts. No front brake on a ~560lb bike. No year stated. Those tires though. Cables are too long and the rest of the bike is too busy too attempt a clean looking frontend. It has zero balance. No front fender, making an already ill handling bike handle even worse.

It always amazes me how somebody can build an entire bike then put a seat on it that looks like a semi truck headrest. The tank mount bolt is exposed for fuck sake.

Overall the bike is hideous and less functional than stock. Harley buyers will be lined up for miles!

Attachments

• Gay Harley.jpg
    Gay Harley.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 393
Ahh I figured we'd have some twisted chaps over that comment. Never mind the rest of the post, just focus on the last line.

In my opinion Harley Davidsons are over priced. Clapped out undesirable Harleys regularly sell for thousands, regardless of price or condition. There are plenty of crazed harley fans out there that will be more than willing to overpay for that pile of garbage.

Do I have a problem with Americans? The list is long.

That being said, I don't have a problem with Harley riders. I understand why they like them and I respect it. I don't care what you ride. Suzuki is my least favorite manufacturer, yet I am building one for myself right now.

Someday I would like to overspend on an FXR.

DohcBikes said:
Ahh I figured we'd have some twisted chaps over that comment. Never mind the rest of the post, just focus on the last line.

In my opinion Harley Davidsons are over priced. Clapped out undesirable Harleys regularly sell for thousands, regardless of price or condition. There are plenty of crazed harley fans out there that will be more than willing to overpay for that pile of garbage.

Do I have a problem with Americans? The list is long.

That being said, I don't have a problem with Harley riders. I understand why they like them and I respect it. I don't care what you ride. Suzuki is my least favorite manufacturer, yet I am building one for myself right now.

Someday I would like to overspend on an FXR.

Yes Sir! but you were doing fine all the way to the last unnecessary last bit. I think shit on a sandwich ruins the sandwich mang :eek:

DohcBikes said:
Look at all the pitting on his polished parts. No front brake on a ~560lb bike. No year stated. Those tires though. Cables are too long and the rest of the bike is too busy too attempt a clean looking frontend. It has zero balance. No front fender, making an already ill handling bike handle even worse.

It always amazes me how somebody can build an entire bike then put a seat on it that looks like a semi truck headrest. The tank mount bolt is exposed for fuck sake.

Overall the bike is hideous and less functional than stock. Harley buyers will be lined up for miles!

I think you guys are missing the point on lousy brakes. It's LA, how fast can you go in a traffic jam 24/7? ;D

Anyone in the market for a $13.5k CB550?
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5159881346.html
OR perhaps $13.5K to shoot dirt into your carbs?
"Craftsmanship, Design and Quality"
Sweet arty sunset shot though -- maybe that's worth the extra $11k?

carnivorous chicken said:
Anyone in the market for a $13.5k CB550?
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5159881346.html
OR perhaps $13.5K to shoot dirt into your carbs?
"Craftsmanship, Design and Quality"
Sweet arty sunset shot though -- maybe that's worth the extra $11k?
There's nothing wrong with that ad. They come right out and say it is "Art". Notice they said "rolling" and not "running". ;)

o1marc said:
There's nothing wrong with that ad. They come right out and say it is "Art". Notice they said "rolling" and not "running". ;)

That is absolutely true. Is that sound I hear you opening your wallet and running over there?

carnivorous chicken said:
That is absolutely true. Is that sound I hear you opening your wallet and running over there?
Not a chance. I ain't wasting my time or money on art. No one else will either. It's another example of "If I ask an outrageous amount like $13.5 and say OBO and someone offers me $10K I'll jump on it and he'll think he got over on me and I will have made $7500+ profit." ;D I really am amazed at how many foolish people there are out there spending money. And it may be worth it to them because they can't do anything on their own, so they pay some one else.

Back
Top Bottom