Barber 2015

cyclefreak

Over 1,000 Posts
I am just gonna leave this here.
2de13f0271ec0ce09577aa6e166b2d23.jpg

There will be a call for volunteers again this year - and with luck those who commit to helping out should receive a weekend pass in exchange for your time. So don't rush to buy weekend passes (they don't sell out).

Book your camp sites etc!

Are the Aces Corner tickets on sale yet? I've been searching all over and only find stuff for 2014.

It looks like barber is my one GTG this year, once I know for sure, I will definitely volunteer again this year.

Still looking for info on purchasing Aces Corner tickets. I found them on the Barber site, but only as a package with general admission tickets. I get complimentary passes....can I not pur base Aces Corner tickets separately?

I'd like to go this year..........will have to see what the schedule is around that time.

It appears all tent camping is area B with RV camping restricted to D. I'm not certain if this means fewer camping spots or not. Motorcycles are admitted to the park-with proper arm bands- during the entire event, but other vehicles must park outside and ride a shuttle or else pay for parking. Camping includes a tow vehicle pass.
Arm bands will be mailed in September according to the website.

Tim said:
There will be a call for volunteers again this year - and with luck those who commit to helping out should receive a weekend pass in exchange for your time. So don't rush to buy weekend passes (they don't sell out).

Book your camp sites etc!
You know E and I are in for our usual Sat morning shift. I think Chris (Redbird) is too. The three of us ran Ace Corner like a boss Sat last year ;D

Someone on another forum was saying that it looked like the camp sites had been cut in half for tent camping.

It also appears that there will be no paper tickets, or "print from your home" tickets.
All tickets will be armbands that will be mailed to you (if you purchase ahead of time).
AND, it says prices will increase on Oct. 9th, both online and at the gate.

Hey fellas, Ive been a member here for several years, have built and sold a few bikes.. But I have, sadly never been to one of these vintage rally's or swap meets. I know this is the holy grail.. I was thinking of bringing some of the bikes out and camping out there with the wife.. Wanted to ask you guys, the Jedi Masters, about any basic info that might be useful for a Barber first timer.. thanks in advance fellas !

-Luugo

Set a day aside for the museum. Bring plenty of beer. I always think I have enough, alas, I do not.

Luugo86 said:
Hey fellas, Ive been a member here for several years, have built and sold a few bikes.. But I have, sadly never been to one of these vintage rally's or swap meets. I know this is the holy grail.. I was thinking of bringing some of the bikes out and camping out there with the wife.. Wanted to ask you guys, the Jedi Masters, about any basic info that might be useful for a Barber first timer.. thanks in advance fellas !

-Luugo
Yep, set aside a day for the museum. We like to go on Sunday, as the event is a lot quieter that day. The swapmeet is pretty big so if you're looking for parts, check it out on Friday before everything gets picked over. A backpack comes in handy for that. Saturday is definitely the busiest day of the event, especially at Ace Corner.
Wear comfortable shoes for walking, lots and lots of walking... and bring your sunscreen.
Hamburger Heaven is close by to Barber and has the BEST peanut butter chocolate shakes ever. They also he amazing corn nuggets. :)

If you see something you like on Friday at the swapmeet, and plan to wait to see if the price comes down on Sunday, there is a pretty good chance it will be sold or the whole vendor will be packed-up and gone early on Sunday. We save the museum for Sunday also.

J-Rod10 said:
Vendor spots booked.
This is my favorite one of the year.

I see there is a waiting list for new vendors this year, what kind of price range do the spots go for? Not talking one of the large spots, just the usual table size

$150 I believe. I'm pretty sure my two eases wee $300. T b eager corner spots are $250 or $300.

J-Rod10 said:
$150 I believe. I'm pretty sure my two eases wee $300. T b eager corner spots are $250 or $300.

Thanks. I actually just got a response back from the staff there, and it looks like I'm on the waiting list for NEXT year :) oh well, I'll likely carry a bag of my stuff around at Mid O this weekend and see if anything sells.

Back
Top Bottom