KZ650 Street Fighter

Been waiting for this day for a long time :)

DSC_2539_zps2b983104.jpg

She's got a fat ass ;)
DSC_2540_zps06d87fc7.jpg

WOW!!!! 8)

Super clean, minimal, industrial, basic, hardcore, street fighter, old school, muscle bike....just a few words that come to mind!! ;D

Those rear shocks look a tad canted in at the top. You may want to space them out, which may require welding up new mounting studs if they have to go too far out. (This is an "I guess" suggestion. Do the shocks need to be perfectly straight??)

Love the bike, keep the pics comin. 8)

They don't actually need to be perfectly straight, but I will be putting some small spacers in there to straighten things out a little.

Looking great! My only thought would be shocks that are an inch longer. It may be the bare pan messing with my eyes, but the rear hangs a little low. Love the overall look, great work!

Re: Re: KZ650 Street Fighter

DNel928 said:
Well engine reassembly has begun, also got the frame back from the welder. It's all down hill from here!

Had to yank the studs out to get the gasket off around them. The gaskets were as hard as rock and I swear fused to the case. Thank god I learned of a 3M roloc bristle disk, cleaned it up in no time.
DSC_2525_zpseee5bee8.jpg

The only bad part is the dust and dirt in the crankcase, any ideas on how to flush this stuff out???
DSC_2526_zpsda13f496.jpg

Nice fresh hone ;)
DSC_2528_zps7bde5931.jpg

And a few goodies from Z1 to reassemble.
DSC_2531_zps4c451d09.jpg

If it were me I would split the cases and clean that shit out...bad news dumping all that stuff into your engine.

valvesprung said:
Looking great! My only thought would be shocks that are an inch longer. It may be the bare pan messing with my eyes, but the rear hangs a little low. Love the overall look, great work!

The shocks are on the lowest\softest setting here, so they will come up about an inch when on the hardest setting where I ride.

As for splitting the case it's simply more time and money than it's worth. Diesel fuel and oil cleaned it right up!

DNel928 said:
yes :)

Btw, the bike in your sig is the sexiest thing I have seen on 2 wheels.

Cool!
Thanks!! but your bike is going to turn out pretty sexy as well!! :)

Curious, guess you only need to off set the front sproket to maintain chain-line?

RustyOlive said:
Cool!
Thanks!! but your bike is going to turn out pretty sexy as well!! :)

Curious, guess you only need to off set the front sproket to maintain chain-line?

Yes, the front sprocket will need to come out about 10mm. It's going to be a real close ride between frame and tire.

DNel928 said:
Yes, the front sprocket will need to come out about 10mm. It's going to be a real close ride between frame and tire.

Sounds about the same as my bike..
Used a 10mm off set sprocket as well. Left me 4-5mm between chain and frame. And 3-4mm between tire and chain. It's super tight! But works.

Progress? What is progress? Progress is something I haven't made in a long time. Trying to get this damn motor rebuilt, but Kawasaki is stubborn with parts, not to mention expensive $$$

Here is my pretty media blasted case!

Unfortunately this guy broke clean off, so a little tig welding and some quicksteel for support :)

Then of course after getting the head apart, I realized it is complete trash, and everything must be replaced.

So me being me, I took the easy way out and bought another head that appeared in much better condition.

And here lies the stockpile of gaskets, seals, bearings, more seal, and some other seals.

Hope to have this bike riding by June 1st for a local get together!

times a ticking haha. Rockers Reunion is going to be a blast this year with all us VW nerds there. With you, Derek, Andrew, Jordan, Ethan and myself we should have some pretty cool things going on :)

Tifun said:
times a ticking haha. Rockers Reunion is going to be a blast this year with all us VW nerds there. With you, Derek, Andrew, Jordan, Ethan and myself we should have some pretty cool things going on :)

I'm honestly starting to worry about Rockers Reunion :\ Time frame is getting really slim.

Any updates on this build? As a fellow 650 owner Im curious to see what kind of offset you'll need on the countershaft sprocket to work around that FAAAAAAT rear tire :D

Back
Top Bottom