Post a pic of your latest purchase

bought this '77 KL250 from a member on here

10687176_10104080235547188_6780344236947597865_n.jpg

Barkingmadspeedshop said:
Finally got my new to me KZ200 it even has the original owners manual
Nice score.. I have an 82 klt250 three wheeler engine that runs just needs the starter rebuilt or replaced. It's basically the same engine just is only electric start with no kicker. I have been pull starting it behind my other trike. Was going to convert it to both electric and kick and never got around to it. It will just be collecting dust in my attic because I'm putting a 93 gsxr600 engine into the three wheeler. It's free if you want it for just shipping. Back on topic lol. I picked this up from harbor freight for $40. Had this 33/12.50 off the wheel in 5 min flat. Love it!!
F3E33544-E2C9-4163-A92F-27EE5F74CF68.jpg

Hey Midwest, I don't suppose you've got a link for that thing? Might get a friend to pick me up one on their next cross-border shopping trip. If there's one thing I hate hate hate, it's changing tires!

Killman77 said:
Hey Midwest, I don't suppose you've got a link for that thing? Might get a friend to pick me up one on their next cross-border shopping trip. If there's one thing I hate hate hate, it's changing tires!

With a coupon it would be even less, harbor freight always has a 20% coupon out.

http://m.harborfreight.com/portable-tire-changer-69686.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Drey6 said:
With a coupon it would be even less, harbor freight always has a 20% coupon out.

http://m.harborfreight.com/portable-tire-changer-69686.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Holy crap, that is half what Princess auto sells them for and with 20% off it pays for itself the first tire change. I need to get one of those!

Drey6 said:
Frame slugs (already started grinding them down)

9224fa106046d954958bd2e3afe2dbc6.jpg

Find a piece of tube you can hold ithem in and allow them to spin. You'll get a much 'rounder' piece

crazypj said:
Find a piece of tube you can hold them in and allow them to spin. You'll get a much 'rounder' piece

Or chuck it up in a drill and go at it.

crazypj said:
Find a piece of tube you can hold ithem in and allow them to spin. You'll get a much 'rounder' piece
SONIC. said:
Or chuck it up in a drill and go at it.

Lol all things I read after the fact that same day. O well, they will serve their purpose for the hoop.

xb33bsa said:
why do you need huge heavy gross plugs aren't you going to weld it :-\

Honestly I am just now picking up welding and for this my girlfriends dad is going to lay the line for me. I just figured since I had these, I might as well use them. Try not to be so condescending sometimes xb haha

well the slugs are a TOTALLY unnecessary, waste of time and effort just weld the goddam thing :D or just fill the frame with lead whatever ;)

About 1/2 the people that buy hoops from me ask for slugs as well.
I never use them and have had no issues, but for a beginner welder it's certainly an extra level of confidence that the weld is strong and your GF isn't going to fall off the back when you hit a bump 8)

SONIC. said:
About 1/2 the people that buy hoops from me ask for slugs as well.
I never use them and have had no issues, but for a beginner welder it's certainly an extra level of confidence that the weld is strong and your GF isn't going to fall off the back when you hit a bump 8)

Better yet (or worse?) me falling of the back since this is for her bike! Haha

Back
Top Bottom