1.85X19 TIRE SIZE

77cb750f

I know nothing about tires, so im hoping for some help,
im in the middle of painting my wheels and i need to get some tires mounted within the next week
so i can get my frame rolling,

My front rim on my CB750 is 1.85x19

whats a good tire size to put on it

im looking into the bridgestone s-11's

Thanks guys

anyone with personal experience with this combination, is this an ok setup for street riding

120/90-18 for the rear &
100/90-19 for the front?

I ran that on my last bike, with both rims being 1.85. Little wide for the rear, but totally doable.

Ringo said:
I ran that on my last bike, with both rims being 1.85. Little wide for the rear, but totally doable.

with that being a little wide, do you think ill run into any problems with hitting anything, swingarm or chain or anything

A 120/80 vs 120/90 has a shorter sidewall (sidewall height is 80% of the 120mm tire width is what 120/80 means). Ends up being probably a slightly smaller overall diameter and perhaps a rounder profile on the tread, which should improve cornering.

Rule of thumb is the best choice is almost always to run the exact size the manufacturer original specified. BMW owners are particular about that, even opting to run Imperial inch size tires vs Metric due to the subtle differences. I just put 3.25-19 and 4.00-18 AVON RoadRiders on my BMW R75/6.

Fat tires does not equal better handling or bigger contact patch. It equals heavier, flatter tires.

The CB750 calls for the same size tires as my BMW 750. 3.25-19 front and 4.00-18 rear. This is close to an 80mm wide front and 100mm wide rear. You could easily run 90/90-19 up front and 110/90-18 rears and be happy.

Also all tires are slightly different. Different brand 110/90-18's will be slightly different actual width and diameter. This is why good retailers will provide the actual width and overall diameter for each tire.

Swivel said:
Check it out:I think a 120/80 rear would be better if you can get it.

I disagree running an 80 profile tire on a rim that narrow. That's really pushing it. The smaller the profile, the wider the rim needed.

Tim said:
A 120/80 vs 120/90 has a shorter sidewall (sidewall height is 80% of the 120mm tire width is what 120/80 means). Ends up being probably a slightly smaller overall diameter and perhaps a rounder profile on the tread, which should improve cornering.

Rule of thumb is the best choice is almost always to run the exact size the manufacturer original specified. BMW owners are particular about that, even opting to run Imperial inch size tires vs Metric due to the subtle differences. I just put 3.25-19 and 4.00-18 AVON RoadRiders on my BMW R75/6.

Fat tires does not equal better handling or bigger contact patch. It equals heavier, flatter tires.

The CB750 calls for the same size tires as my BMW 750. 3.25-19 front and 4.00-18 rear. This is close to an 80mm wide front and 100mm wide rear. You could easily run 90/90-19 up front and 110/90-18 rears and be happy.

Also all tires are slightly different. Different brand 110/90-18's will be slightly different actual width and diameter. This is why good retailers will provide the actual width and overall diameter for each tire.

Thanks for the help

Just to answer your question, the 120 will not hit anything back there. I hear the 120 will be fine on the back but may not wear as well as a 110 on the back. There are more small things too but you get the just of it.

Really? said:
Just to answer your question, the 120 will not hit anything back there. I hear the 120 will be fine on the back but may not wear as all as a 110 on the back. There are more small things too but you get the just of it.

good to know, thanks

well atleast im learning more about tires now haha

Back
Top Bottom