110/ 90h or 110/ 80h r18"s, cl360?

It might be slower but having a bigger tire on these bikes increases handling/ braking according to some people.

bubonicplay said:
It might be slower but having a bigger tire on these bikes increases handling/ braking according to some people.

And those people have no clue. A heavier tire equals more mass to stop and slow down and most of these smaller bikes have a small disc brake or drums brakes.

Also larger tires on a small bike make it harder for turning.

If you want a bike that can straight line and cruise at low speeds stick those big tires on it.

bubonicplay said:
some people are stupid fuckers
stay with stock size or one size bigger, 2 sizes bigger will hurt braking, handling and acceleration you cannot beat the laws of physics

mydlyfkryzis said:
Stock is 3.00 18 in front, 3.50 18 in back.

Translated:

Do what you want, but be aware that you are doing it wrong....

I am going to add this to my signature line, thanks

Re: 110/ 90h or 110/ 80h r18"s, cl360?

If they rub on the forks or swingarm, the rims size is irrelevant.

You will affect the handling, braking, and acceleration all in a negative manner.

You will be less safe.

But if you want to do it, do it, but why are bothering to find approval for a dumb thing? You aren't listening to experience, so get your own. I imagine 20 years from now you will be telling someone what a neat bike you had, looked great, handled poorly and how you wished you listened to people more 20 years ago. Then you'll sign on to the internet (or whatever we have then) and tell someone " don't waste your time with fat tires".

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

Using one of my toys as an example, the stock tires are 100/90-19 and 140/80-15. I replaced them with a set of 90/90-19 and 130/90-15. The bike turns quicker, leans over farther, and stops better. I have another of the same model wearing 100/90-19 and 140/90-15 tires, and it is an apples to watermelons difference. The smaller tires work better, look better since the stock tires are already a +1 for the as shipped wheel width, and are a noticeable upgrade in the machine's function.

You can go with fat tires if you want, but you'll never get the true potential out of your machine with them. There is a damned good reason that when people starting bobbing and chopping in the 40s they went for tall narrow front tires... and if I can find a decent 80/90-19 that will be my next front tire for both machines. I have a stainless steel lined shoulder courtesy of running a bike with 130/90-16s on both ends after years of riding nothing but 19 or 21 fronts with 15 or 16 inch rears. The handling of a fat tire sucks. It is slow to respond to steering input, slow to respond to braking input, the weight alone overloads an already spindly front suspension...

Don't do it. Just because Harley Davidson runs fat tires on both ends of the bigger bikes and the Sportster 48 doesn't make it a good idea.

raptormeat said:
the taller the tire the worse the handling, so 110/80 would be better, but not really. if youre already over by 3 sizes, theres nothing to make handling any better other than get wider rims.
11311-170414143718.png

heres my cb360 on stock rims with a BT45 Battlax 110/90-18 in back and a Kenda Challenger 110/90-18 in front.
theyre huge.
they look cool.
i think PJ calls them "clown boots" lol. hes right.
i dont/cant take corners too aggressive, and now im in the market for 2.15 rims front and rear.

Clown shoes, not boots. ;)
At least you didn't go completely stupid and fit Firestone's ;D
It does look rather silly though, motor looks tiny compared to the wheels

Back
Top Bottom