Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

Awesome. I have dabbled a bit, my first experience was forming knee dents on the 360, which most certainly didn't go as planned but turned out Ok. I took a metalsmithing class the last couple of months for fun, and learned quite a bit about it from a sculptural standpoint.

I tend to rely mostly on fiberglass for complex shapes and primitive cut and weld for everything else, but maybe when I get a chance to do another full build with some fabrication I will have to pick your brain.

adventurco said:
I tend to rely mostly on fiberglass for complex shapes and primitive cut and weld for everything else, but maybe when I get a chance to do another full build with some fabrication I will have to pick your brain.

Almost all of my motivation for learning metal shaping comes directly from my hatred of working with fiberglass! haha

Moving along on assembly. I'll be making the wire harness next. I also turned out a starter delete plug on the lathe.

I started on the wiring, and mounted up the speedo and front signals. I also got the hand controls mounted and even fired the bike up for a few minutes just to hear it run for the first time in almost 20 years!

it really looks bitchen, 8) man, you done alot of prime fab and finish work
the pipe fab work as all the stuiff yer buiding looks top shelf
sure hope you can get her tuned its shorter by a long ways than anything that works with the 350
whats the tubing size ? inside diameter that is on the pipes

xb33bsa said:
it really looks bitchen, 8) man, you done alot of prime fab and finish work
the pipe fab work as all the stuiff yer buiding looks top shelf
sure hope you can get her tuned its shorter by a long ways than anything that works with the 350
whats the tubing size ? inside diameter that is on the pipes

Thank you!

The exhaust is short. I originally wanted it to continue back further and kick up at the rear wheel to add some length. But, the customer wanted to keep it short, so short it is. It's wide too, 1.5"OD 16 gauge. I did weld the tapered mounting flanges from the stock exhaust to these pipes, so that might help a bit, maybe.

To be honest. I have ran cb350/360's with exhaust this short before. You and I know that the bike isn't running to potential, but other people don't notice. In the end, it's the look that most are after. I focus most of my energy on quality fabrication so the bikes hold up to abuse. I just try my best to make a functioning bike while keeping customers happy with the aesthetics.

Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I've been getting some work done on some other projects. The cb350 should be completed by next week. Here are a few recent pics for those still following along, and a little teaser of the painted bodywork.

Just waiting on upholstery now. I took it out for it's first ride last night, and it rode flawlessly. Here are a few more pics for now.

Back
Top Bottom