CB750 No Plunger Hellride Freedom Machine

Brodie said:
Why not sandwich the element between two screens. Looks good man.
That's probably what I'll do. It's what I did to ride it around last weekend.

irk miller said:
Making some tweaks to the carb kit to get fitment with this frame. I couldn’t get enough clearance either inbound or outbound to get an air cleaner on the carbs, so I put the flange side down on the intakes to a belt sander and ground an angle to each side, then followed up with oil and sandpaper on a surface plate. The K&N style filters still don’t fit, so we’ll make our own. The plan is to add a Uni element under the screen, but I have to secure it to keep it from getting sucked into the carb.

nice ally tig welding :)

Well, it’s time to go crazy with the details. I don’t get to do this very often...

Etched my logo into the oil bag cap with a Celtic knot ring.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,387
Got some Biltwell grips to replace the Granturismo grips. I like these much betta. Also messing around with using springs to organize the wires. I may have to shorten the throttle so I can get it to run with the brake and clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 252
They are my favourite style of grip. Actually shaped to fit your hand when it is closed.

Springs look good.

JustinLonghorn said:
Printed Circuit Board etching solution?
Circuit board etching solution is ferric chloride. I do use that on copper etching plates in printmaking. This is a saline etch: copper sulfate and salt.

Hahaha. You guys are hilarious. ::)

Vinyl, gum arabic, shellac, Sharpie marker, tusche, china markers, crayons, spray paint, etc are all used as a resist. For a perfect, crisp, vector type image, like on the cap and the logo on the end of the clutch lever, vinyl was used.

Back
Top Bottom