BSA project

intrudin

Coast to Coast
Its a 1969 Thunderbolt...I picked it up as a sad looking Chopper with a few milk crates of parts it had a wicked raked out front end with 6' over tubes the rear end had solid struts....Well after much debate i've decided to bob it then after a few more brews, i had a vision ;D so now its going the tracker route ... a few pics for now

Interesting... Ill be watching this one for sure. I kinda dig it as is though. Well the stance/shape at least.

So that was the begining... progress has been made ,I picked up a stock frame with ownership striped, it then painted it with POR15. The wheels were shot so cut the hubs out and sent them to Mayfair plating (toronto) and got the chrome striped of. These were also painted black POR15.... the hubs have been refurbished and painted Red, and the cover plates to be polished.. The spoke kits installed my self this was my 2nd set of wheels i have done, def get better with practice

Attachments

• DSC00026.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 409
VonYinzer said:
Interesting... Ill be watching this one for sure. I kinda dig it as is though. Well the stance/shape at least.
yeah the stance looked good was a tough decision but i have a chop project ;D its allmost done just like all my other projects lol

So the swing arm was installed then the Redwing shocks, came to install the oil bag. Dohh wont pass between the shocks so had to remove them and install the bag...the tank im using is of a CZ not sure wot year!!
Coming up next will be the front end im waiting on some new tubes,, then the tire choice once its rollin im gonna work on the motor

got thinkin about a seat and side covers and this is wot i got ;Dallso a peek at my head and carb set up on the next post

Love them Beezers! My first Bikes were a pair of A-65's a stock Thunderbolt and a sudo cafe'd Lightning.
Gonna be watchin this!
popcorn.gif

Not yet-been bust all week getting my art booth ready for the LSRU-I'll try to grab some this weekend.

As you can probaly guess this project as been going on some time ;D ;D..... I am just catcthing up on the pics ;)
The head just came back from the m/c shop, so i put on the carb set up ...Mikuni with a 90 o/o manifold It came of a BSA side car racer from the 70s allso the rear brake hub.....My new fork tubes came to-day so if it rains on the w/kend i have a project or two Have been looking at the tire thread I need to do more research in that area.. i like these 1st pic

Attachments

• DSC00402.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC00405.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC00386.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 389
looks like the ole egg is coming together...nice job.................joe@vcycle

joea said:
looks like the ole egg is coming together...nice job.................joe@vcycle

Thanks,, ya gotta like the 'egg....' the weather is gettin better for ridin now ;D so the work on the bike is slowin down ;) got the forks rebuilt havnt mounted them yet im lookin for some rubber for the rims!! I picked up some 1' mem foam for the seat lookin for a cool headlight bigger the better
Also thikin high pipe 2 into 1

Back
Top Bottom