FEB 2014 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you. So please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination MUST be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member MUST accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread already in place.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road and roadworthy.

5. If a bike has been nominated in the previous month it should not be included in the current month's contest. Skip a month and nominate in a subsequent month.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 5 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

Ultimately the voters will decide!

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

Tim said:
Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you. So please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thipsteread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination MUST be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thipsteread whipstere thipster bike is best described (Build thipsteread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member MUST accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if thipstere is a limited build thipsteread already in place.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road and roadworthy.

5. If a bike has been nominated and participated in the previous month's contest it should not be included in the current month's contest. Skip a month and nominate in a subsequent month.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 5 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whipster ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

Ultimately the voters will decide!

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

I'll be kicking in a $25 Bullit Custom Cycles Gift Certificate to the February BOTT winner!!!

Cheers,
Rob

Right on Rob - forgot to mention that! Indeed, our good friends and long time supporters of DO THE TON at Bullit are putting up a nice gift certificate for our monthly BOTM winners!

I want to nominate JAGspeed's xs650 mono shock tracker if someone could link the build for me becouse i still dont know how.

Thanks for the nomination. I Accept.
This bike started out as a 79 XS650S , Lots of mods and fabrication. R6 frorks, brakes, switches. Buell XB9R single shock, Modified XT550 Swingarm. Custom mod-style tracker seat and tail section. Modified and reinforced frame w/removable sub-frame. All modern electronics, PMA system, Pamco ignition w/electronic advance. Custom built ceramic coated dual exhaust system. Most parts were powder coated. Custom Yamaha paint and graphics. Plus many other details went into this build.

Attachments

• XS Tracker3a.jpg
    XS Tracker3a.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 317
  • XS Tracker3b.jpg
    XS Tracker3b.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 300
  • XS Tracker1gg.jpg
    XS Tracker1gg.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 292
Well....I guess that just about does it for Feb BOTM now doesn't it? One of the best trackers I've ever seen JAG.

How about Logan's 3RM Collaboration CB360. I know it was nominated before, but I would like to see it on next years calendar!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=50453

The 3rm bike is a true cafe build (imho), I think he did a great job.

I would like to Nominate johnu's sickass and very well built Suzuki T500

to those that haven't read this yet, enjoy!:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20290.0

I would also like to nominate AzHonda's bike he built at Christmas

not sure if there is a full build thread or not, but here is a link: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55948.0

Back
Top Bottom