Anybody have experience with "6 Sigma Racing" jet kits

warpedworm

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong
I was looking at their jet kits on ebay and wondered if anybody has had
any expericence with them?

I would be putting them on my GPz 305, which has a 2-1 pipe.

Bit of a blast from the past - what did you do in the end? I've got a GPZ305 with a 2-1 and pods, and previous owner has not jetted to suit at all!

I didn't get one. I am just jetting it like my old race 305.
Having trouble with pods. Put airbox back on.

Wow! Is that your 305 in your avatar? Nice.

Yeah, that's my 305. I'd like to say I built her, but I'd be lying my ass off. Right now she's in the shop down in Bridgend - she died on the way there, looks like fuelling issues. Last owner's bro/dad put a 3rd fuel filter on, and it was a POS - airlocking and inadequate flow. It's going. She's going to be fettled and rolling road setup to get jetted right/carbs balanced.

Ideally I'll get her sorted on pods, because I'm planning on a new paint job and doing signwriting on her for the vinyl signwriting business I want to start. As well as my stress relief toy, she'll be promoting the business for me, hopefully.

Well she's sorted on pods - Wurth special mastic used to block a lot of the cone area, up a jet size or few as well. Pushing out about 6bhp more at the tyre. which is fine with me - I don't need mega horsepower, this is a toy. Dyno shows a nice power curve and she's nice and tractable. Enough power to ride her under 5k all the way through the gearbox, 6k takes me to 60mph, theoretical top end is 110mph. Yeah. Woohoo.

All I have to do now is sort the starting/charging issues out, a little bit of work on the idiot lights, sort out the brake pedal position, and she's basically sorted. From then on it's just a case of doing the fiddly/fancy bits.

warpedworm said:
Sounds fun. That's a good power increase!

All the bits were there, just a case of the bike needing set up right, and bodges by previous owner rectified. More work was done with the profile of the needles than the actual jet size, they've given me back a usable motorbike rather than a peaky overtuned one. Having seen the issue, a future step for me will be to buy good quality cones and fit internal restrictors (a disk of metal with profiled holes drilled in it) rather than block up part of the cone areas - mainly because I'm an absolute tart when it comes to the cosmetics.

The issues I've been through have brought one thought up - Each bike is different and no matter how much info Sigma get, it's unlikely they're going to get the best setup for the bike right out of the envelope. My bike took 4 hours of work/tweaking and two rolling road sessions to put right - and like I said the final setup owed as much to needle tweaking as to upping the jet size.

Back
Top Bottom