Canadian help

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Any of my Canadian cousins help with this ?

/fortnine.ca/en/dynatek-arc-2-cdi-box-darc1-1

I have located a very cheap DARC-2 ignition unit [ $164.99 ] - but they will not ship to the UK or the US !! ::)

A lot of ads for this unit are misleading. I need to know that it is the DARC-2 unit pictured ON THEIR SITE that they are selling. I have attached a pic of the unit I need.

I will also need a pair of Dynatek 0.7 ohm dual coils at some stage, but this is the last big ticket item on my shopping list.

I can't pay them direct, but I can pay whoever can help immediately wit Paypal friends and family [ no fees ].

Over to you guys, eh. ;)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 595
Just like all the other advertisers - it's a scam !!! :mad:

They show a picture of the DARC-2 ignition unit .... but that's NOT what they are selling you.

Thanx for looking.

I’m in the US for a month but order from Fortnine often. If I can help let me know.

They sell for that price and cheaper on Ebay, Beach. Have you looked there? Prices don't appear to reflect the harness, however. Same applies, like Tim and I am willing to help.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_pmc=true&_sop=15&isRefine=true&_productid=171227149&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Dynatek+Arc-2&_sacat=0

I'm in Canada and I'd be happy to help. Let me know - if you need this thing buying and shipped to you I can do that for you no problem

Brent said:
Why do you think that it's a scam?

The item in the picture is the DARC-2 ignition box .... typical price $300 [ US ] - the item they are selling is NOT the box !! That is according to their blurb. They insert the nomenclature DARC 1-1 after the DARC-2 [ which is the box ].

It's not just them - ALL the advertisers I've looked at do the same.

However, if someone could actually speak to them for me and ask the question ..... is the item they are selling a DARC-2 ignition module, and is it $164.99 [ Canadian ]. Rather than ALL of you call them [ thanx a bunch guys ] maybe one volunteer ?

IF they are actually selling the DARC-2 box, I can forward a Paypal to you [ friends and family - no fees ]. Then if it was posted to me as "a gift" then I would avoid duty, etc.

Can't thank you guys enough .

beachcomber said:
The item in the picture is the DARC-2 ignition box .... typical price $300 [ US ] - the item they are selling is NOT the box !! That is according to their blurb. They insert the nomenclature DARC 1-1 after the DARC-2 [ which is the box ].

It's not just them - ALL the advertisers I've looked at do the same.

However, if someone could actually speak to them for me and ask the question ..... is the item they are selling a DARC-2 ignition module, and is it $164.99 [ Canadian ]. Rather than ALL of you call them [ thanx a bunch guys ] maybe one volunteer ?

IF they are actually selling the DARC-2 box, I can forward a Paypal to you [ friends and family - no fees ]. Then if it was posted to me as "a gift" then I would avoid duty, etc.

Can't thank you guys enough .

It's a holiday today but I will call them tomorrow. Do you need the adapter kit as well ?

I didn't read the ads but the link to ebay Irk posted did have much better prices on the cdi.

Thanx Brent.

No don't need the adaptor kit - but I will need some 7 ohm dual coils [ Dynatek ]. I have found them on another site at £101.24 [ sterling ] from ATV Galaxy.

The peeps at Racecrafters-USA are trying to put together at discount deal.

Would appreciate what you can find out for me. ;)

Hi guys - that should have read 0.7 ohms of course. I was being lazy and put .7 ...... except the "point" didn't type up.

Which coils are you looking for? Presumably the mini coils double leads or large traditional DYNA coils? Would DC11-1 0.5 ohm dual output mini coils work? I'm pretty sure I have a pair new in box sitting here that you can have at a reasonable price.

I checked the Dynatech site to see what they said and interestingly the DARC1-1 for Hondas has recommended retail of $324 and DARC2-n for all other 4 cylinder bikes is priced at $184. They also list an DARC-2 which is $424.99. I thought that the differences were probably plugs but may be the ignition curve. DYNA's web site is not really clear for those of us that like to use things in non standard applications.

I looked at one web site and under ZX10R they list both DARC2-3 and the DARC-2

Which unit is it that you need?

teazer said:
Which coils are you looking for? Presumably the mini coils double leads or large traditional DYNA coils? Would DC11-1 0.5 ohm dual output mini coils work? I'm pretty sure I have a pair new in box sitting here that you can have at a reasonable price.

I checked the Dynatech site to see what they said and interestingly the DARC1-1 for Hondas has recommended retail of $324 and DARC2-n for all other 4 cylinder bikes is priced at $184. They also list an DARC-2 which is $424.99. I thought that the differences were probably plugs but may be the ignition curve. DYNA's web site is not really clear for those of us that like to use things in non standard applications.

I looked at one web site and under ZX10R they list both DARC2-3 and the DARC-2

Which unit is it that you need?

Hi Teazer,

I have had some communication with their techie guy Larry and he suggested the DARC-2 with .7 ohm coils.

HOWEVER - due to all the contradictory [ and misleading ] advice from the suppliers, I am going back to Larry at Dynatek for a conclusive answer before I slap my payment down.

There are a couple of very good European / German units - but they do not have a retard facility [ for the NOS ]. Electrics is NOT my strong point and I'm not certain if I could get a stand alone retard unit [ eg. MSD ] to function with the units available over here. And in any case - that would make the overall price the same as the DARC-2.I'll ask about the .5 ohm coils to see if they work.

Re BC's Fort Nine link.

That is a DARC1 you posted. .7 ohm dual coils $258.00Cdn pair https://fortnine.ca/en/dynatek-coil-0-7-ohm-angle-dual-output-blue-dc9-1

This is what I found in a DARC2 search of their site. https://fortnine.ca/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynatek+darc2

Fort Nine is a warehousing operation so I think the tech info needs to come from Dynatek. The only way F9 could trace was through bike model.

Brent said:
Re BC's Fort Nine link.

That is a DARC1 you posted. .7 ohm dual coils $258.00Cdn pair https://fortnine.ca/en/dynatek-coil-0-7-ohm-angle-dual-output-blue-dc9-1

This is what I found in a DARC2 search of their site. https://fortnine.ca/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynatek+darc2

Fort Nine is a warehousing operation so I think the tech info needs to come from Dynatek. The only way F9 could trace was through bike model.

Thanx for all your invaluable help Brent - PM sent re: Dynatek contact.

It goes without saying if any of you guys that side of the pond needs anything tracking down over here - no probs. I've already shipped a number of items over to you guys.

At 400 bucks for a DARC2, you might be better off looking at a DC-CDI from Ignitech. I haven't looked at their suitability for Nitrous but they have all sorts of programability built in.

Alternatively the Nitrous drag racers over here tend to use MSD boxes. I have no exprience with them but they have to have built in retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxWRHJZbyQ

https://www.jegs.com/p/MSD-Ignition/MSD-6-Series-Ignition-Control-Boxes/747792/10002/-1

Teazer, can you see the difference between the one at $152 and the other at $623, in this link? https://fortnine.ca/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynatek+darc2

I don't see anything but that may just be my ignorance.

Nope. I downloaded both descriptions and they are identical. Nothing on the web site that I could see differentiates one from another. Of course the description is from the Dynatech site and it does zero to explain the differences.

teazer said:
Nope. I downloaded both descriptions and they are identical. Nothing on the web site that I could see differentiates one from another. Of course the description is from the Dynatech site and it does zero to explain the differences.

Guys I really thank you for all the effort you have made to resolve this issue.

HOWEVER - I have sent TWO mails direct to Dynatek to their tech guy, any guesses as to if I've had a reply ??

It would appear as you guys found out - they do NOT differentiate between one DARC-2 and another, although they do carry [ 4-5 of them?] a different sub- part #.

In the interim a German pal on the KZ750 site [ Germany ] has used both Ignitech and Sachs systems on his race KZ's.

I contacted Ignitech, and despite being a Czech company - I had a response in English within 48 hours !

It appears that their DC-CDIP-2 Race unit will do exactly what I require and has THREE built in ignition retard functions. And it is sub 150 euros [ £130 'ish ]. They come with full programmable software and patch leads for your lap top. Despite not being a household name they are very well respected throughout Europe.

Back
Top Bottom