Triangle DTTs Monthly Meetup (Raleigh) 4th Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.

Nice photos Eddie.

It was fun coming out and meeting some of you guys. Napper Tandy's is a great location for me too...only a few minutes away.

Aaron

tonupchad said:
Looks like a good time. Will any future meetings be in Durham?

I would think so, but I think we like Naper Tandy's quie a bit. ;)
Do you have any suggestions on a good spot, Pub,?

The Green Room looked pretty cool, and I was bummed I missed it during the rumble this year. Maybe we can meet up there one night.

byrdman76 said:
The Green Room looked pretty cool, and I was bummed I missed it during the rumble this year. Maybe we can meet up there one night.

IS that the building where they held the contest awards and had the DJ set up on the side of it?

If so, it has plenty of available parking. But no New Castle Draft. :(

In other locales where I've seen regular meet ups, it has worked best to set up a regular meeting place and time, so that folks start showing up by word of mouth. Otherwise, you have the same crowd showing all the time. It's good to see all the "regulars" , but for me, this gig is inclusive rather than exclusive, about helping folks build bikes, getting inspiration, riding out, breaking down, and stuff like that! Naps was good, but the parking situ was a little tight. I think we are still feeling this gig out a bit.

Chad, maybe you and the Durham crew want to guest host one month? The Raleigh crowd could meet up early at Naps or somewhere and ride out?

OK, Durham does have some cool joints. I can be outvoted. :D

byrdman76 said:

The Green Room is a super cool location with legendary movie ties. The owner, Mike, is a great guy too and owns some nice bikes.

The Rumble location was at The Tavern off of West Markham.

We usually hold our meetings at the Federal/ James Joyce off Main St the first Friday of every month. Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,

Chad

tonupchad said:
We usually hold our meetings at the Federal/ James Joyce off Main St the first Friday of every month. Everyone is welcome.

So, ride out this Friday?

Hey guys, just to clear up some confusion, is the meet for December planned for the tuesday before Christmas (21st) or the wednesday after (the 29th)? I might be able to make it to the 29th, but not the 21st.

amturbev said:
Hey guys, just to clear up some confusion, is the meet for December planned for the tuesday before Christmas (21st) or the wednesday after (the 29th)? I might be able to make it to the 29th, but not the 21st.

It's the 29th, turns out there are 5 Wednesdays this month. This meet will be between Christmas and New Years. Thanks for bringing it up Aaron.

Yeah, now I am confusing myself! Did we say 4th Wednesdays, or last Wednesdays??? ???

Anyway, we are going to do it on the 29th - between Chrismas and New Years, like Eddie sez. We will get back on a regular schedule after the 1st of the year....

Well I had said last wednesday, but you corrected me that sometimes the last wednesday can change from month to month and instead of the last wednesday being a 4th wednesday it could be a 5th everynow and then and it would be better to do it on the 4th wednesdays,. but this timearound I guess cause of the Holidays we are shooting for the last wednesday of the month, Phewww, LOL

The thread tittle says 4th wednesdays.

I hope I'm all better by then and that the weather cooperates.

xulf13 said:
Well I had said last wednesday, but you corrected me that sometimes the last wednesday can change from month to month and instead of the last wednesday being a 4th wednesday it could be a 5th everynow and then and it would be better to do it on the 4th wednesdays,. but this timearound I guess cause of the Holidays we are shooting for the last wednesday of the month, Phewww, LOL

Doh duuuu... OK.

Anyway, who is thinking of showing up? I may be on the iffy side now, as my wife is having surgery shortly before (nothing serious).

OK, so I am definitely not making it tonight. Jules got cleared to travel, and wanted to hit the mountains.

Eddie says he is showing, and hopefully some other folks. Not likely to be many riders at Nappers tonight, but who knows???

Ahh, it was just Jake and I last night. But it was still fun, though the music being played was corny as heck. Lot's of 80's songs, and I don't mean the cool 80's music. I mean the kind you turn down when you approach a traffic light, lol.

Guys,
I won't be able to make it this Wednesday. Work is sending me to OHIO to check out how cold it can ge over there :) Anyhow, have fun and drink responsibly.

:mad: That place is round on the ends and high in the middle (sort of like a '71 OIF Triumph - LOL). Be safe, man.

I will be at Nappers at the scheduled time, and I will be riding. I'll try to save a space for a few more bikes, same as before. Did anyone talk to mgt about sidewalk parking of the scoots?

Scot

Last time I was there we just talked and drank. I figured since you have peoples skills and know how to make things happen, you would volunteer for the job ;D .

I am sure going to miss being there man, :'( please take some photos and post them up.

Back
Top Bottom