DOHC CB750's

Thanks for the link!

_a8i0062seleccion-2_detalle.jpg

CB900 with colors to mimic a CB1100R tank scheme and picking up on that scheme to flow through the side covers and tail.

CB900-0001.jpg

God I love Punisher.. such a bad ass looking bike. You really nailed it ctluba, feel free to check in on my "rock-it" build in the future and share some insight.

003-20.jpg

Thanx Bro. Once in a while one comes together just right. If you follow the thread on that bike it started off as a real train wreck. As I learned, it came together pretty nice. 8)

Where is your build posted? always like to follow builds.

ctluba & teaser, sweet bikes, have I seen punisher over on www.cb1100f.net

I have CB900fc I hope start soon, got zx9rc rwu forks and a blackbird swing arm, cant decide on twin or mono shock, cafe or street fighter/race rep.

I grew up with those bikes as race bikes with Fast Freddie etc, so to my eyes that AMA Superbike look just looks right and a streetfighter is the same idea as a Cafe but applied to a more modern starting point.

There have been a few of them built around the world, but with modern suspension and wheels, dual (long) shocks, GSXR carbs and a decent exhaust and they can look amazing.

From a UK perspective there was F1 rather than AMA Superbikes, so if you want a fairing there are precedents. Think Freddy, Eddie and Croz for inspiration. :)

I hope to have mine looking as good in a few months, there are some great looking DOHC's here. Cant work on her now, cant even take pics, but she ('81cb750k) is still stock so you guys know what she looks like.

The vision is there however.

-Kev

teazer said:
I grew up with those bikes as race bikes with Fast Freddie etc, so to my eyes that AMA Superbike look just looks right and a streetfighter is the same idea as a Cafe but applied to a more modern starting point.

There have been a few of them built around the world, but with modern suspension and wheels, dual (long) shocks, GSXR carbs and a decent exhaust and they can look amazing.

From a UK perspective there was F1 rather than AMA Superbikes, so if you want a fairing there are precedents. Think Freddy, Eddie and Croz for inspiration. :)

I have a liking for the AMA style of bikes rather than a race rep fully faired bike. Put GSXR carbs on the CB750 build, they make a big difference to throttle response.
Have a set of 1st Gen GSXR750 VM29ss flatslides that I have refurbished to go on the 900.

81 cb750

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 502
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 472
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 472
nice bike there chandler, were are the tank and seat combo from? Got a 900 I'm doing next and they look right.

rocketritch said:
Here's Mine. Still have some stuff to do to it this winter.
What set is that? I am trying to find one that fits my 79 k if my home built job falls through.

I've seen some DOHC 750s come up for sale around here pretty cheap and I've shied away because I thought they were some ugly, tubby bitches. But wow, I am amazed at some of the things you guys have done. Really! Those are some good looking bikes. I will no longer be scared.

Back
Top Bottom