The Workshop & Deck

SeekingZero said:
That's a lot of space for a lot of motorcycles! 8)

;D Once it's completely done (inc stain & seal) the wife has agreed to dress up full rockabilly for a photo shoot with bikes :eek: ;) :D

Nothing too exciting just the ledger board on the workshop and a list of materials to complete this permanent set :D

Attachments

• WP_20131215_002 (800x450).jpg
    WP_20131215_002 (800x450).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 282
Sweet, so today I finished the frontage of the workshop seat and it also has a removable section to allow access to the drainage sump :D Still need to do the top, need to get more materials ::)

Attachments

• wds.jpg
    wds.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 257
  • wds1.jpg
    wds1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 291
  • wds2.jpg
    wds2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 258
  • wds3.jpg
    wds3.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 293
So now that the deck has progressed to the point of sealing I have had a moment to move back inside and build a second bike stand for my builds :eek: ;) I was able to use an existing guide that I had from a bike trailer I had built a while ago then traded in on my new one (less the guide) The rest of the steel and the HD wheels I was gifted by the steel guy's across the road from work ;D So a cut or 2 later and a few welds and its a roller, I still need to add the mount for the ramp the loops for the tie downs, weld the back wheels not to turn and wire wheel then complete the second welds but great progress for tonight :D

Attachments

• sbsb3.jpg
    sbsb3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 273
  • sbsb2.jpg
    sbsb2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 274
  • sbsb1.jpg
    sbsb1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 264
  • sbsb.jpg
    sbsb.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 269
matthryan said:
Bike stand looks sweet!
I'm definitely going to have to steal the idea ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate I'm glad you like it ;) You'll have to post a pic of your creation :eek: :)

ben2go said:
Will that stand be to top heavy to move with a bike on it?I dig the stand.

Thanks man, The blue base is 95mm x 5mm box so it's heavy :eek: I used my hydraulic lift as a que for the design, the guide is 100mm lower (so only sits 600mm afl) the front beam is the same width as the hydraulic (1 meter ) and the rear is 700mm. With the straps on I can move the other with bikes so I don't for see an issue 8)

andycafe said:
Thanks man, The blue base is 95mm x 5mm box so it's heavy :eek: I used my hydraulic lift as a que for the design, the guide is 100mm lower (so only sits 600mm afl) the front beam is the same width as the hydraulic (1 meter ) and the rear is 700mm. With the straps on I can move the other with bikes so I don't for see an issue 8)

Sweet deal.

Finished building the new bike stand today, very Happy :) :D ;D

Attachments

• cns (742x800).jpg
    cns (742x800).jpg
    162 KB · Views: 655
  • cns2 (675x800).jpg
    cns2 (675x800).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 662
I like it! so don't get me wrong but...
I find myself wondering what you can do to the bike with it. Seems rather limited other than bringing it up to a height to sit on a stool for engine work...

Hoosier Daddy said:
I like it! so don't get me wrong but...
I find myself wondering what you can do to the bike with it. Seems rather limited other than bringing it up to a height to sit on a stool for engine work...

Absolutely :) I like to think of it as a servicing stand :eek: because it doesn't have a table you can get in nice an close for various tasks :D engine tuning, oil changes, chain tensioning, electrical tests, brake adjustments, exhaust works etc ...... :) and of course the 400/f build now requires the platform lift ;)

Isn't it funny how little details can make you happy , I picked this up a couple of days ago to make an extra tool stand for when I'm working on my bikes. Added the blue marine carpet and the red paint, just need to pick up some wheels for it and will be done

Attachments

• tsf.jpg
    tsf.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 279
Nice stand! I like to get "nice and close" to my bike when i "perform certain tasks" as well... ::)

mrlvlagic said:
Nice stand! I like to get "nice and close" to my bike when i "perform certain tasks" as well... ::)
Thanks mate, I fitted and bled the front brake and did some tuning the other day a found everything so easily accessible with it :)

ben2go said:
Nothing more satisfying than low cost DIY tools and equipment that's really useful.
I do like giving things a second life, this stand had been sitting around unused for a couple of years so they were quite happy for me to take it away :)

Back
Top Bottom