Coffee Shop KZ650

Wow guys. It has been a while! I figured I would update everyone here since the build is COMPLETE! Yes, complete. I have re-done everything and now this bike absolutely RIPS! It feels good knowing that its all wrapped up.

Highlights include:
-CR29 carbs (YUP!)
-Starter upgrade (went to the one way bearing from the ZX bikes instead of the clutch system)
-New clutch/basket
-full wiring harness upgrade
-cleaned up controls
-lithium battery
-rear tail painted and polished

It rides like a dream and is super fun to rip around town on. I attached all the photos I have of it, and a few of the 'in progress' ones because everyone likes a happy ending to a build thread, instead of the OP ghosting everyone!

Also I have a ton of pics here if anyone wants to see all the photos in one place:

Attachments

• KZ1.jpg
    KZ1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 308
  • KZ2.jpg
    KZ2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 297
  • KZ3.jpg
    KZ3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 533
  • KZ4.jpg
    KZ4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 286
  • KZ5.jpg
    KZ5.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 283
  • KZ6.jpg
    KZ6.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 278
  • KZ7.jpg
    KZ7.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 277
  • KZ8.jpg
    KZ8.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 282
  • KZ9.jpg
    KZ9.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 296
  • KZ10.jpg
    KZ10.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 672
  • KZ11.jpg
    KZ11.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 666
  • KZ12.jpg
    KZ12.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 272
  • KZ13.jpg
    KZ13.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 278
  • KZ14.jpg
    KZ14.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 289
  • KZ15.jpg
    KZ15.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 288
Looks great. Those carbs are the business. Any motor upgrades? If you think it handles well now, get yourself some shocks and a Tarozzi fork brace and you will be amazed at the transformation, the kz650 is a great handling bike.

I did have Teddy boyko do the heads and we raised compression to around 12:1. New pistons and rings but that’s about it for the motor. Wanted to keep it fairly stock for reliability. And I know I know.....shocks and a fork brace would be ideal! But it’s looking like it’s going to a new home soon, so I’ll encourage the new owner to tinker.

Well done sir! Looks incredible! That headlight looks like it's floating, excellent!

Tell me about those CR carbs. Did you get a chance to compare performance to the stock VM24s? If so, where did you feel the difference?

Thank you guys! Really appreciate the kind words!

I did not ever get the VM24s to run right, even after multiple rebuilds and tunes. I can say that the CR29s are amazingly smooth but if you open them up it’ll scream! I notice that the throttle response is crisp and that it just wants to be ridden fast haha.

Back
Top Bottom