Gasolina Boots

Wow killer tip man, thanks so much!

I love these, http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3375-triumph-1460.aspx

little bit of that mad maxey and rocker type feel to them. W/ coupon and free shipping ended up costing $91. Couldn't Resist!
Thanks Bro! I'll def post pics and let you guys know the quality when I get them. Not expecting them soon with standard shipping & the holidays approaching.

I found a place that sells all-leather combat jump boots with a side-zip for $40. Sure they aren't nearly as high quality as those posted previously but then again no boot lasts more than a few years.

Well that sucks!!! The cupon code does not work on non U.S. orders. Damn I spent most of today trying to figure that out. Without the cupon and with shipping to Canada it would cost me $190.00.
It's not gonna happen. :( :( :(
I have to disagree about boots lasting only a couple of years. I still have the boots I bought with my first real paycheck out of highschool. Trust me that was many years (decades) ago. Mind you, while I did wear those boots everywhere I did regularly clean ,grease and polish them. I guess it was worth the effort. I would still wear them but my feet have grown and the back of the heel has finnaly collapsed.

Damn! I was so close to getting new boots.

I'm pleased with my Dm's. They're pretty comfortable to walk in. The leather seems to be high quality. And there are five inspection stickers inside the boots. So somebodys checking them. They're not made in the UK anymore. Now they're made in Thialand. Having large feet sucks. It took me forever to find some boots that would fit. And these, like most shoes get kinda goofy when you get into the large sizes. The upper portion of the boot is a little too roomy. But my local shoe repair says they can custom fit them for me. I've read reviews on other forums about the DM Stephens boot and they don't mention this problem at all. So I guess its my freakishly big feet or maybe my skinny calves?

Heres how they looked, kinda toppy floppy;
100_1959.jpg

Heres how they should look after some slight alterations.
100_1967.jpg

Anyway, even with my need for alteration, I'm still pleased. They're cooler than a harness boot with a big H-D logo which is all I was finding in size 15.

Also for those who might not have worn DM's before, the sizes run large. What you wear in Chucks is prolly what you'd wear in DM's. I wear a US size 15 but in Docs (and Chucks) I wear a 13.

Hope you guys enjoy. Glad I could help.

I see you are wearing the sea boot socks with them. Looks good. Now I really wish I had a pair. :mad:

Nice look good especially pulled tight.

mine'r on the way. can't wait. hee hee

:D :D Of coarse. Now that you mention it , it does look like my old rugby socks.
You'll have to post a picture Phrige.

Size 15???? Damn.

Are those your white socks pulled up and over the tops?

So I got my boots in yesterday! came really quick. Came in 5 days with just standard FREE shipping. Now thats service.

Heres the ones I got.
https://www.dmusastore.com/p-3375-triumph-1460.aspx

and here's what they really look like,
DocMartinBoots.jpg

DocMartinBoots2.jpg

I guess slightly different then the website photo, dunno why, i mean they aren't the dark brown i ordered but still look daim fine. Prob the best boots I've bought, though havn't bought all that many.

Also I went for 1 size up. And glad i did, I wear 11 / 11.5 shoe.. Went for UK 11 which is 11.5 - 12 US. and fit just right, especially nice when tied up tight.

Looks the same as the website to me. But they look really good. How do the soles feel? That's the part that is supposed to be different from other boots. Cushiony? (new word)

Yea i didn't realize till i looked at the website again but small stupid things like yellow thread trim above the soles, vs its black on the website. stuff like that.

No way am i returning them but i was suprised by it.

Inside is nice, i wouldn't say Cushioney. like doctor sholes insert cushioney. but its nice. I think they're just right, for me. I'm sure they'll break in a little more anyway.

Yeah, the yellow stitching is the only difference I can see. They look surprisingly like the Doc photograph actually - often webstore photos aren't that accurate.

Nothing a brown permanent marker wouldn't take care of, or riding an old bike that leaks oil ;)

True Tim, lol. Luckily i just plugged an oil leak so I'll stick to the marker ;D ;D

Yea i'm pretty happy for a first time buying shoes from a online retailer. it actually went well. buying off of ebay went a little worse since the sizing was off on a sweet pair of boots. but this definitely was the best $$ deal for quality + style ive seen.

Eventually would also like to get that classic 60's alpine stars motocross boot. with all the straps on it. thats a nice-a boot.

Ok I fold!...... First off I was wrong. To get the boots from Dr Marten USA through "International Shiping" (the company that ships for them) would be just over $200.00 Canadian. No promo codes allowed. I was going to walk away from this But.... I came into a little extra $$ from work. My wife convinced me to spend the money on the boots. I figured I was willing to spend Just over $100 plus shipping originally so if I spend the extra money that I wasn't expecting to get, to make up the difference , I wasn't really losing anything. (not sure if that makes sense but it works for me) So anyway before I orderd I did a little extra checking around and I managed to find them at Shoebuy.com for $159.95 US. They had a promo code of "tree" that gave 20% off. It let me use the code even though I was In Canada. Now normally they advertize free shipping but that is only in the US. Shipping to Canada was an extra $19.00. That makes a total of $146.96 USD which equals $151.97 CAN including shipping.
Not as good a deal as someone in the US would get but still not bad for a nice pair of boots. So I have orderd a pair of the "Steven" boots and am crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong or that I get a huge "duty" bill.
I orderd one size larger to take into account my seaboot socks so I will let you know how the sizing turn out.
Oh and ..Merry Christmas everyone. ;D

I like the Gasolina boots, showed them to my wife and suprisingly she liked them as well. Might look at getting a pair towards the Spring.Would be cool if they had a couple of pics of the boots with a guy in jeans, but eh, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom