C100 Carb Tune

1966g10

Could anyone give me some pointers on tuning my carb on my C100. It hasn't been run in over 10 years and I changed the oild and everything changed the gas lines and cleaned the tank. I got it to idle but it drips gas out the overflow on the bottom. Is there any pointer on how much Air/Fuel ratio should be set at?

Have you downloaded or bought a service manual for it yet? Mandatory first step.

You didn't mention taking the carburetor apart for cleaning. No way you can avoid it.

To begin with, you don't have a "tuning problem." The carburetor leaking fuel out the overflow is not a tuning problem. You have to fix that before you do anything. In all likelihood, the float is either stuck, or there is dirt in the float needle. You have to take the carb apart, clean all passages with carb cleaner and compressed air. Adjust the float level. Here is where the manual comes in. Set the float level according to the manual. Then, after it's all back together, you may have to adjust the idle air screw mixture screw to optimize the idle. That should do it. The "air/fuel" ratio is fixed by the jets that are in the carb, and no need to change those jets unless you change the air filter arrangement to allow more air. If you stick with stock air filter, the float level and idle air screw are your only adjustments.

I have not downloaded it. Do you know what website I can find the manual on?

I pulled the carb apart and I cleaned it all out before I had the problem. But there still might be some small
pieces of dirt that are still there. I will go through it agian. And there are 2 adjusting screws is the top on the gas right?
and the lower one is the air Or?

Dude, I can't see the carb from here. I have no idea what screw might be what. It's not like I have one of these things sitting here to look at. One will be your idle air mixture screw. (That is what it is called. There isn't one for gas and one for air, it's a mixture screw.) The other one is probably the idle speed adjustment.

I am not going to search for a manual for you. That is your job, and your first step before you do anything else. Once you get a manual, you can answer most of your own questions, and use the forum for when you don't understand something, but you have to make a little effort to study the documentation and learn a little on your own, too.

Back
Top Bottom