My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

ffjmoore said:
i was thinking something along these lines.
blackrr003-1.jpg
this is kinda the only way. Every body needs a tag so i can hardly see a reason to worrie about style tag are ugly end of story. a tag location is also a stupit reason to get pulled over.

Here is a solution i find pretty cool ...

From a CB 900 build, cut out in alloy

Attachments

• skylthållare cb900.jpg
    skylthållare cb900.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 697

Thanks for all the suggestions but I think this will be the plate location in the pics below.

Attachments

• plate 1.JPG
    plate 1.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 205
  • plate 2.JPG
    plate 2.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 202

Great build johnu! Don't forget to check the clearance at full suspension compression. Crunch!

jpmobius said:
Great build johnu! Don't forget to check the clearance at full suspension compression. Crunch!

Thanks. If you look closely you can see I don't have the spring on the shock to check for such an issue. So no crunch!

Is the shock filled with gas? Was it hard to take apart spring from shock for painting?
// Pat

All you have to do is compress the shock spring then remove the locating collar, release the shock spring and thats it.

Well no progress but I think I have made a decision to build my own expansion chambers (which was my original plan). I had almost talked myself into buying the Swarbrick kit but I don't think I can justify spending $650 for a kit. I will probably try using the 2 stroke wizard software first as it seems pretty easy to use and it is cheap ($18!). I think the trickiest part will be getting the tapered down pipe the correct shape (radius) to go under the frame.

I know I saw a website somewhere that advertised cutting out and rolling of cones but I don't remember what it was called has anyone else seen it?

Word to the wise, That software is worth what you pay for it. To be honest, I have not built an exhaust in metal and tested it, but the simulation software I use seems to suggest that the designs are far from the best.

It's probably better than just trying to copy an old set of pipes though.

I have a PDF with chamber/port dims for the T500. It might be a damn good starting point. Let me know if you want a copy.

teazer said:
Word to the wise, That software is worth what you pay for it. To be honest, I have not built an exhaust in metal and tested it, but the simulation software I use seems to suggest that the designs are far from the best.

It's probably better than just trying to copy an old set of pipes though.

I agree, it is most likely not the best option. My other option at this point is to get out my Gordon Jennings Two-Stroke Tuners handbook and calculate something from that.

JustinLonghorn said:
I have a PDF with chamber/port dims for the T500. It might be a damn good starting point. Let me know if you want a copy.

If you could pm me a copy that would be great, can't have too much info! Thanks.

@Johnu: Are the ports stock or is it a Zookie build and if so does he have a recommendation for you for pipes? Jemco are the default pipes in the US and the tests we ran this time last year showed them to be pretty good on a triple.

@Justine: can you PM/email me a copy of that too please.

teazer said:
@Johnu: Are the ports stock or is it a Zookie build and if so does he have a recommendation for you for pipes? Jemco are the default pipes in the US and the tests we ran this time last year showed them to be pretty good on a triple.

@Justine: can you PM/email me a copy of that too please.

Porting is Zookie's work he said to run Jemco or Swarbricks. I am going to check Eric's dimensions against the ones Justin sent me to see if that's what he used. My only issue with Jemco is that they are unlikely to fit my bike due to all the mods done to it.

The pdf file is really interesting but I wouldn't want to run those Daytona pipes on the street necessarily. I would expect that Eric's porting is more moderate than the old Suzuki 72 race bikes, but maybe not.

If you wanted to copy a set of pipes, do you know someone with JEMCOs that you could copy the dimensions from and modify the pipes to suit or just get a set of Jemcos and tweak them as required. Based on what we've seen on the build, you have the skills to fab a set of pipes but do you really want to? :)

My welding skills are well below par and I managed to weld a couple of cones, but it takes time.

Back
Top Bottom