cb350 adding a brass insert on con rods?

there is not enough material in the rod to have a thick enough insert
just get a good used crankshaft and be done with it fer fuks sakes ;D

xb he is talking about the wrist pin on the rod

i think the answer is the same there is not enough meat on the small end of the rod to bush it i looked at doing it once and backed off

yes i know the small end, not enough meat you would either have a weak rod or a too thin insert
why not just commision carrilo to make some ? it is silly really even considering it they nade a million of these bikes there are plenty of good crankshafts available

If you are doing this because the rod eye is worn oval or oversize have then honed round and have the pins chromed oversized to match...You then can fit the oversize pins into the piston.

thanks motorguy. Thats what had decided to do, have over sized pin made, true up the rods and over size the pin bores on the pistons. My last engine that I had not had apart yet ended up have a good crank and rods tho, so was able to use that one. the rest of the engine was scrap.

It would only need to be done if your fitting a piston with smaller diameter pin.
Boring rod and fitting a bush to get rid of score or seizure is a REAL BAD IDEA

That is less money as well.I see you live in ontario I do this regularily.Send me a message it you want it done.

Back
Top Bottom