Gt750 classic

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
That paint job is stunning man. Very fine taste. I like the brake callipers and the blacked out exhaust too! I would be curious to know what a more modern, thin radiator would look like on one of these kettles. Any idea why these ones were so thick?

Cheers

Unsure sorry mate. I do know however they where very over engineered. Think it was their way of making sure they where reliable over long distances.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

New badges looking to go on with a few minor tweaks.
0ba472f33b3e2008b35656674733237a.jpg

Carbs re built and float levels set correctly. Was leaking due to several stripped bowel screws. So helicoiled all of them.
New intake rubbers to the carbs and manifold.
10c8508182455b0d937786eb0b2c896f.jpg
900f0f0edd01a40a7d0c7edb0cafeb99.jpg
29f2dd630917312afc4072ea92f8ff9f.jpg

Thanks interceptor

I also forgot to mention in my previous posts how I got to this stage ripping the carbs off again.

I took the bike in for a service and tyres and after it taking nearly two months the shop screwballed me and then tried to stiff me for a massive bill. Also not completing tasks required. So needless to say I scrounged up some time. Ordered new rims due to pitting and had to rebuild the carbs. (Fuel leek due to stripped bowel screws)

Today I put her back together and she turned over second kick.

51d75daa56cbaa1f7fa0ee0d78b83771.jpg

New rims laced up with polished hubs and new rubber. On the bike now after the improv lift.
43c34773eb4b5aceca6b22ae34163fa7.jpg
601b79ea68de1a12cb6e6e7ef1327212.jpg

Shinny
5b9382a62c2e6a21859bd5d232a390dd.jpg

Also managed to score a sweet NOS front fender for a bargain. Half what the fleabayers wanted.
5cd55b2f53b64095a87f4d6c313c37d9.jpg

19babec8258de3c2141d5eb245ec6d41.jpg

Final tune up
Oil injection set up
Service/fluid top up
And we are done

So a few issues came up and got fixed over the last two months. Fully rebuilt the front end. New tubes, seals, caps, spacers etc. Turns out the 74 model was the only one with different tube set up this killed me for parts had to spend $500 just to get it right.

153816a5761d8ba42df6a75d186d5cee.heic

Also did the rear shocks too just to make her handle a bit more modern. And it’s a heaps better improvement feels a lot nicer under breaking now and smoother through the corners.

d21266375581189abfb783335a5c1082.heic

Tried to fix my electrical problem today as someone has butchered the wiring. Turns out my temperature gauge wasn’t working cause the sensor wire was just sitting in the bucket not plugged in to anything. Fixing that this week. She has a earthing issue that I need to fix to get it working right. Think someone connected the fan relay to it by mistake it’s killing me. I hate wiring issues.

c9296dfd7488e4a8890c6b02abe440ca.heic
28c97fce7f4eaa3a685847ce06b0dbd6.heic

Sorry to hear that, but it should last forever now. Just for future reference, you can mix and match fork tubes. I have A model tubes and caps in a set of L model sliders because I wanted parallel tops without the covers (headlamp ears) and I had a set of good L model sliders with the chrome caps that I prefer. I can't remember which springs I ended up using though - maybe a set of A models.

You could also fit a set of GS750 forks in complete or even a set of 37mm GS1100 forks with anti dive. They are about 25mm longer so pull them through the top triple or shorten them with a spacer above the top out springs on the damper rods. And GS forks have a lot less stiction because they have teflon coated bushes.

teazer said:
Sorry to hear that, but it should last forever now. Just for future reference, you can mix and match fork tubes. I have A model tubes and caps in a set of L model sliders because I wanted parallel tops without the covers (headlamp ears) and I had a set of good L model sliders with the chrome caps that I prefer. I can't remember which springs I ended up using though - maybe a set of A models.

You could also fit a set of GS750 forks in complete or even a set of 37mm GS1100 forks with anti dive. They are about 25mm longer so pull them through the top triple or shorten them with a spacer above the top out springs on the damper rods. And GS forks have a lot less stiction because they have teflon coated bushes.

That’s awesome mate. Wish I posted the issue before I did it. Took me a while to source the parts I used the 75 tubes but had to get all the internal to go after that.

So after three days of trying to fix the wiring problem I finally lost it and bought a new loom. This one is buttery soft and is now mostly wired up. Just need a brake light right indicator and then we are done.
076810dc7a0bcb9d6421d231cedcb3eb.heic
7dfe683708694b2a893c546d381d82ed.heic

Now atleast it fixed the temp sensor, instrument lights, high beam light and A heap of other dramas.

Just need two more clips for the after market headlight and we will be riding once more.

teazer said:

You would have to bore the triple clamps to fit the 37mm tubes, no?

Back
Top Bottom