Taller handler bars. Longer wires?

LowellGS

Okay. Just picked up a 1987 sportster. I plan on riding it most of the seaon without doing too much work on it.. Just a couple simple little personal touches

Well i wanted to throw on some Z bars. Haven't picked out exactly everything about them, but that is the style I want

Now. I need to buy extended clutch and brake cables. Right??

And wires?
How big of a pain in the ass is it to change out all the wires for longer ones? Seems like a bitch in my mind?

Thanks

LowellGS said:
Okay. Just picked up a 1987 sportster. I plan on riding it most of the seaon without doing too much work on it.. Just a couple simple little personal touches

Well i wanted to throw on some Z bars. Haven't picked out exactly everything about them, but that is the style I want

Now. I need to buy extended clutch and brake cables. Right??

And wires?
How big of a pain in the ass is it to change out all the wires for longer ones? Seems like a bitch in my mind?

Thanks

not too bad. for the electrics you just need to splice some extensions in.

for the brake and clutch, running new cables doesnt take long at all.

Googled it.. Couple pretty good how to's

Once i do it I'm just going to run the wires through the bars as well.
Ill be sure to have a little how too thread on here as well.

LowellGS said:
Googled it.. Couple pretty good how to's

Once i do it I'm just going to run the wires through the bars as well.
Ill be sure to have a little how too thread on here as well.

joe (JRK... something or nother. is his username) did one at some point if i remember correctly (or maybe it was part of a thread?)

Picked up the bike.. Bike is great. Truck broke down at the guys house lol.. New starter later.. bike is home.

Any advice on where to get a inexpensive set of pre drilled Z Bars?

Also to anyone who has an old Harley

Its a 1987 xlh1100

Any idea whats a good idle speed... I think its at about 1500-2000????

Back
Top Bottom