Well, huh... I just might be a dumb-ass.

Just voted for the kid. Like others said, his was definitely most authentic of the bunch. Right now, he is about 40 votes behind.........

He's the only one getting any votes for about a week, though, and he's slowly gaining... ;)

All right me hearties,

I just cleared it with the boy's Mom, so if you're serious, she's fine with us building him something. As long as it's "safe". :eek:

I'm open to suggestions and donations. Keep in mind, the boy is 9 years old, so if we're going to put together something he can actually use this Summer, it'll have to be pretty small. I know nothing about kids, so some of you parent types are gonna have to coach me on what's gonna work for the little guy.

By the way, for anyone that hasn't looked recently, he's kicking some serious ass in the voting! Looks like folks have been sharing the link by Twitter and FB, too.

http://www.killmancustoms.com/t-shirt-a-palooza.html

I have this Garelli mini bike roller i pulled out of a dumpster.....shipping would be the only cost to canada....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 400
Damn, that would be perfect for a base! Shipping would probably be like a gazillion dollars, though...

I'm in Victoria BC Canada, v8p 4c9. Where are you at Desmo?

Lets do it right for the kid.

Just kidding. The Garelli mini bike with a 50 or 100 cc engine would be perfect. Better with an automatic clutch. One less thing for a 9 year old to worry about.

I just had an Eaton supercharger shipped from Long Island to SoCal and the shipping was only $49. I'd reckon the blower and manifolds weighed as much as that minibike.

Yeah, Hoof, but the price goes up to cross the border. Maybe someone's driving North at some point? I know Tim goes South once in a blue moon.

Shipping it in a few pieces would be the way to go it weighs in at over 60 lbs so in one piece would cost over $280

How much is a ferry from Victoria to the mainland? I'm in WA just south of the border so I could drive it across and meet you with it if that isn't too much trouble for you. I'll be here until the 2nd of January.

Actually, one of the ferries, (the blackball) will carry freight. It's probably cheaper than paying for your vehicle, and I could pick it up at the ferry office downtown. I think.

Just got back from a really sucky concert, so I'm a little buzzed ;)

That t shirt design is awesome.

Impressive for a kid like that. Even the design of his text is great, the uniformity of the Ms is what gets me, and any "mistakes" are endearing enough to be forgiven. Like a good songwriter that occasionally chunks a chord but it's still a great song

Back
Top Bottom