'82 cafe XV750

This thread has made me re-envision the Virago i have sitting in the garage. If you still have those kits available i would be interested.

Hi, Ill be getting my 1982 XV750 this week, and I saw your front wheel mod. I really dont know anything about CAD or machining. Do you sell the kits for the rear rim/front. Thanks

my battery is placed under the seat rear,,,,,,,the red thing you see there...a big heavy led battery

Attachments

• IMG_7745 z.jpg
    IMG_7745 z.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 3,554
Hey... great thread. I wonder if it is still being updated.

I am really interested in picking up the rear-to-front kit for my xv build. Are these kits still available?

Holy Roller

How is the project going. This has really inspired me, and I will most likely purchase a xv750 soon. Do you still sell the conversion kits?

Project stalled with other things going on, but I still make and sell conversion kits. PM or email me at racer6692@yahoo.com

I'm soo happy that I found this forum! ;D

Four weeks ago I had no Idea that I love Cafe Racers!
I've always known that they existed - I'm born in the late 50's - but I suddenly fell in love - again - in a bike!

I found it browsing the internet - Mr Hagemans Orange/Gold/bobber/dirt/mono - whatever Virago! (I realize that I expanded my vocabular :)
What a beutiful engine! And that mono- better then Supermotard - look. Wow! Something else then my old triumph, norton, husqvarna, matchless bikes.

So as I'm a very young boy (internally): I Had to have one!
After 7 days I had a -81 750 on the hook but lost it - three days later one for sale 500km away - GET IT!

..... I got it! :D

Here still strapted on the trailer as I arrive home late in the night.

She had been standing still since 2011 at the seller du to lack of time. Before that - he said - she have had a calm life owned by a girl for some 8 years. Before that - who knows.

Born 1982 and caressed the roads for 60000 km. Run bad when cold but better warm. Rusty silencer - holes. No air in shocks. No rust in tank. New saddle some years ago!
Everyting worked - Nice!

New plugs, renewed brake hydralics - leaking, oil and vaccumed the air filter for now, fresh petrol, air in tires: Yes, by now we have enjoyed each other for 800 km or so.

but

I have never really ride a Custom bike before. Very comfy at start and at slow speed but all above slow - it's just rubbish.
So now I'm in waiting for stuff that I ordered to the bike and to clean out MY BIKE SHOP in the basement.
Then the transition from black banana to a racer can start! :)

...more to come...

And I'm glad to found this Site!

Attachments

• Taget-7.jpg.jpg
    Taget-7.jpg.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,829
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 541
Ha-ha. "Black Banana"! I like that.

How about a yellow one?

scarry025.jpg

Ignore for a moment that we all know it's really a four-wheeler, suspend your disbelief and picture the BIKE which Bananas Gorilla would've ridden. Hey at least he was always being chased by a motorcycle cop, and I'm sure that's 'cause Richard Scarry didn't want to teach kids that it's cool to steal all of the bananas. Makes you wonder though ... I suppose in true '70s fashion this was a left-wing parable on the evils of our economic system. Did he really steal those bananas? Or was it just a case of driving while a Gorilla? It's been more than 35yrs since I read any of that stuff.
191d429i48l1wjpg.jpg

You could either imagine, seeing the Bananamobile from the side, that it' really a bike. OR - imagine what sort of BANANA-BIKE he would ride.

It's a CHOPPER, ennit? What's more, in attempting a badly-drawn, drawn-from-memory, cartoon HARLEY chopper - it would be a VIRAGO ha-ha. I'm picturing the 1100cc version. With the yellow/gold five-spoke wheels....

Cafe-XV750 said:
Custom adapter to mount the brake disc - 5-bolt wheel drive to 6-bolt disc mount. Cover to fill out the old drum space. Smaller ID bearings to fit to the front axle.

Fairly straightforward actually. A 130/90-16 tire is a tight fit (stock rear size and what Cafe Zero has on the front) - but it will work. I'm leaning more towards a 120/90-16 ... problem is finding a decent one (I've only found one 'universal' front/rear available).

But what about front forks, will the tire fits in? I've been craving for 110/90-19 for front instead of original 100/90-19.

Took awhile to gather interest, but had enough in '17 to make another batch of front-to-rear kits - now shipping. If you want one, PM or email me (racer6692@yahoo.com)

Not sure if there will be a '18 batch ...

'18 batch sold out and my machinist surprised me by using up left-over raw stock to make a '19 batch … appears to have reached market saturation because has been SLOW selling.

Calling it … last batch. Have plenty (for now) so reach me by PM or email (best) if interested.

In this project news, I've had this bike in project status for so long that my youngest is old enough to legally ride it now! He and I are looking to make progress and finish it up in '20 ...

Back
Top Bottom