Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

I was able to get everything installed last night. I had to grind down the DCC shift linkage arm a bit for the Universal linkage shaft to fit on. All is well there, but still need to get the correct spacing between the rearset arm and shifter arm for it to shift smoothly. Having a hard time getting it to Neutral.

As for the brake side, I took the rear wheel off, rotated the Brake Cam 180deg which allowed the brake arm to be pointed up to about 12 oclock instead of 6. This will allow the brake to operate in a pulling fashion instead of pushing. The only issue i have so far is that I cannot pull the brake enough for it to actually get the brake pads to engage to brake. I have the arm at its shortest length, but it still wont brake for me. I will revisit later tonight to see if i can adjust the angle of the rear set arm to preload the brake a bit more.

some things i need to complete is getting a longer return spring for the brake pedal and find a way to attach the rear brake light spring. I dont think it will reach in the stock mounting bracket.

I will try to get some pix too.

I found your eBay listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CB-CL350-Cafe-Racer-Rearset-rear-set-with-rod-and-clevis-/251078362337?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a756fc4e1#ht_500wt_899

does that come with everything I would need to do the best job installing them on my 1971 CL350(in place of the stock rear passenger 'buddy pegs' still on there now) or are there a few more parts I would need? is there an added charge for anything else?
...is a different model 'kick starter' arm necessary?

price($80) with shipping($40) is now listed at $120 total...do I pay that or subtract the "Do the Ton discount"($10) for $110 total?

would like to order as soon as possible...email me with any details....thanks

Yeah, that is my listing on ebay.
My rear set for CL350 is to bolt to the rear foot peg position. To make it works perfectly there is 2 modifications:
1. You need a CB450 K kick starter
2. You need to increase the height of gearshift lever (stock one with attached to gear shift shaft) by approx 2 cm. I do it by welding a piece of steel on the stock gear shift lever and drill a hole.
The price of $110 shipped to US if you bought off ebay. You could send me your paypal email and I will send an invoice for you to pay. Or my paypal is acacia_viet@yahoo.com.au

Thanks

My new rearsets came in today. They are beautiful and feel quite heavy duty! At these prices they can't be beat. Thanks for the great product and service Viet!!!

I have a Cb400F SS in my shop now. Will figure out what wour on your bike. Leave me few day for my answer.

Thanks

Still need to get my rear brake lever figured out in regards to a return stop, but just installed my clubmans.
photo3.jpg

Hi Viet... wondering if you made any progress on a cb400f?

Probably also worth mentioning that 1975-76 bikes had a different foot control placement from 1977 bikes. The 1977 bikes had the foot controls in a much less of a "rearset" positioning.

Anyways, I have a 1975 and am looking forward to what you figure out (while retaining kick start).

Thanks!

I planning to get these for my CB175. It looks like they should bolt up fine, since the mounting brackets look the same as those on the 350/360's. Can you verify this Viet?

Hi,

There is 2 small issues for CB175 . First, there is a little clearance for kick starter, so when you kick, you must take care or your heal will hit the foot rest. And second, if you use stock exhaust then it is also block part of the lever movement. I could make a rising bracket but it cost you additional cost (CL175 do not have this issue).
Thanks

Viet said:
Hi,

There is 2 small issues for CB175 . First, there is a little clearance for kick starter, so when you kick, you must take care or your heal will hit the foot rest. And second, if you use stock exhaust then it is also block part of the lever movement. I could make a rising bracket but it cost you additional cost (CL175 do not have this issue).
Thanks

Thanks Viet. I am using the CL175 exhaust so no issues there. I have the electric start still on the bike, so the kick start will be used only if needed. Expect an order from me soon. I will message you in Ebay for DTT discount. Thanks so much!

Viet, how much extra for the rising bracket add on? I'm trying to mount these on a cb200 with stock (for now) exhaust, it's very similar to the 175. Thank you

Hi guy,

The rising bracket is approx $15 more. It made of 8mm steel plate to ensure the hardness.
Best regards
Viet

47c5615e-3627-4bb0.jpg

47c5615e-3631-d102.jpg

Got mine! Extra parts you see are for the rising bracket to use with stock pipes. These will go on a CB200 pictures coming soon! Thanks Viet! Great seller!!!

Back
Top Bottom