CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: 665----667---------Neighbour's of the Beast

I think that's actually a pretty good idea. a machinist thread. Guess it wouldn't be in the $50 dollar mod thread. not with the cost of material/machine /time

The only problem with the "machining" thread is it would quickly degrade into the "all of us poor schlubs without tools and experience begging you to make us shit" thread.

i also think a machine thread would be dope! i was using the mill last night to make a damper block to go with the clamp that swag made me!

Almost finished fork brace, spent all day today on it.
Still needs counter-bore for Allen bolts, machine back at angle for extra tyre clearance and maybe some slots in top piece, 'just because' ;D
anyhow, here's pics
ForkbraceMkIII-nearlyfinished1.jpg

ForkbraceMkIII-nearlyfinished2.jpg

Yeah PJ, good work so far.

As much as a PITA it can be to work on someone else's car, it is a relief to get it done.

man now that is just great!!!! you using a mill for that?

damn PJ beautiful work! love it... cant wait to see how things go.

Just make'm PJ....T-nuts are easy, especially if you can do this stuff....

Have you dug into the Chinese dampers yet? I've got a set aswell and wanted to know if they really are gas assisted ;D ;D
I'm guessing the piggyback is just for show.
They don't look bad from far away but up close you can tell they are a bit cheap. The spring adjusters look the worst.

Swagger said:
Just make'm PJ....T-nuts are easy, especially if you can do this stuff....
Manic Mechanic said:
Have you dug into the Chinese dampers yet? I've got a set aswell and wanted to know if they really are gas assisted ;D ;D
I'm guessing the piggyback is just for show.
They don't look bad from far away but up close you can tell they are a bit cheap. The spring adjusters look the worst.

I been making them, should have 'stadardised on a thread though ;D (well I sort of did, just wasn't smartest idea to use 10x1.25 because I have bunch of engine bolts, etc)

Ain't got into dampers yet, been busy doing other stuff (mostly machining and polishing covers)
Won't be puling them apart for at least another week.
I will probably make a one piece lower spring seat/mounting fork.
Clutch cover is drilled and tapped for oil line, going to make some fittings when its back on motor
Going to put valves back into head later and get top end buttoned up, curved 'wedges' I made should re-locate cam back in correct position but I'll degree it anyway
I did finally finish fork brace though, put pic in machining thread
It really is an incredibly nice piece of kit, I almost want to frame it 8)
CB360forkbrace-finallyfinished.jpg

awesome work pj. you should update the machining thread with pictures of your mill/tooling. ;D

Got top end of motor finished, (except for oil line and fitting, that has to wait until clutch cover is polished)
Thought I'd take pic of correct valve spring fitting as I've seen a few with springs on upside down over the last year or so.
Inner and outer springs are dual rate, 'closed' coils become , in effect, a solid block which will cause valve float at high rpm if fitted upside down.
Correct way up they act as a spacer and spring rate increases (less working coils when compressed)
Here's pic
CB360-valvespringsexhaust.jpg

Great info PJ, I'm sure I've put a few in upside down in my years due to not knowing.

Is this the same for all bikes? Or just a Honda thing?

HerrDeacon said:
Great info PJ, I'm sure I've put a few in upside down in my years due to not knowing.

Is this the same for all bikes? Or just a Honda thing?

It's the same for 'everything' (cars, bikes, industrial engines) ;D
Fork springs are different, they have close coils UP in most cases (unsprung weight thing ::))
I made some good progress on clutch cover polishing yesterday, no pics as it's not shiny enough yet ;D

Thanks for that spring info, I'm about to put those in this week. I would have put the all springs in the same way but It'd be 50/50 if I got it right.

it's this type of detail that needs to be cataloged and put into a book, The DTT Motorcycle Re-builders Guide.

Back
Top Bottom