DTT Photo Scavenger Hunt, Interactive Play Along,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLENNWOOD55CAMEO

Been Around the Block
          • This is a very popular thread on another site - I can take no credit for it. Lets start one on our Do The Ton site!
            You find the item, (MARK), called for and take a picture of it with your bike. If you are the first person to get the mark you get to call the next one.

Rules are simple:

1. All pictures MUST include your bike with the "mark". If your bike isn't in the picture it does NOT count.

2. All marks must be clearly visible in picture.

3. Once a picture of the mark with your bike is posted in this thread, the person who posted the mark first gets to call the next mark.

4. No law breaking allowed, including trespassing to get a mark. It has to be accessible to anyone.

5. No pictures, paintings or other facsimiles of the mark in the photo. It has to be the real thing, NO Photoshop type stuff.

6. Once you get a mark and call the next one, someone else has to get that mark before you can hit one again. You can't call and then get your own mark.

7. ALL MARKS WILL RECEIVE A 7 DAY TIME LIMIT. If you call for a mark and it is not found within this time period, you will then need to call for another (preferably easier) mark. "Marks can be changed at any point by the mark caller if deemed to be un-obtainable by the general population"

8. The picture of the mark must be a new picture, one taken just for the Scavenger Hunt, after the mark is called.

* Keep it interesting, so no silly stuff like a fence or a dog - use your imagination and your bike to get to it.

Also, naming a mark like the Washington Monument means 99% won't be able to get it. Make your marks accessible to most of our members and international members if possible.

This is for fun and enjoyment only. It's all about getting out and riding!!

So, get ready - here's the first one:

Since so many of you are doing cafe racers, the first mark is:

A Cafe

It must have the word "Cafe" in the sign.

Good luck! I hope this goes over here as good as it has on another motorcycle site I frequent.

I will try to keep the completed MARKS listed here>

1. Cafe
            2. Octogenarian
            3. statue of a soldier
            4. Bike in motion
            5. Railcar
            6. Horse
            7. Mobile home
            8. an older bike
            9. a non flying aircraft on stactic display
            10. red carpet
            11. carrousel
            12. Santa (Not Completed)
            13. a car from the same decade
            14. bell, larger than a basketball
            15. a girl directly from your bikes country of origin...must have been born there. (Not Completed)
            16. Santa (again, not completed) :'(
            17. snowman
            18. ride for 15 min., stop and take a picture
            19. nativity scene
            20. bike on a bridge with a sign showing the name of the waterway the bridge crosses.
            21. statue of an animal
            22. windmill
            23. Subaru dealer
            24. Your bike pointing down an open road. NO OTHER VEHICLES CAN BE IN THE SHOT
            25. Historical Marker
            26. Your bike behind a cop car with it's lights/strobes on (not completed)
            27. Bike in the reflection of a storefront or puddle
            28. bike with something cold (but not snow unless you're out riding
            29. bike in front of a small local Hispanic joint. No mainstream place and Taco Bell
            30. bike in front of a Postal vehicle of the snail mail kind
            31. a pic in a restaurant parking lot with a "Killer Rack" mounted on your bike! (can't be Hooters Redbird).
            32. Your bike and any form of birth control
            33. on the shore of a body of water.. Lake front, bay front, beach
            34.your bike in a parking lineup of at least 4 Harley's. BTW it can't be at the Harley shop
            35. Your bike paired with a vintage car 60s or older. It can't be a beater
            36. bike parked in front of shop fronts (or any commercial signage) written in two (or more) languages.
            37. bike parked in front of a "short bus"
            38. a "Welcome To" sign from a city or town with a pre-1900's date showing
            39.your bike next to the worlds largest ___________. you fill in the blank
            40. Your bike next to a sign that proclaims that location as the "_____ Capital of the World
            41.Your bike parked in front of something from a movie. A location, building, people
            42.Your bike on the side of the road with nothing but farm fields in the background
            43. "A Welcome To" sign from a town or city with a date showing incorporated pre 1800...... N/C
            44. a plain "Welcome To Sign" from your State (or Country if your outside the US. N/C
            45. a dead tree
            46. Bike in front of a Police car with the lights flashing. (Retry of previous incompleted mark) COMPLETED
            47.Your bike and a sunrise or sunset.....................(Both sunrise & sunset marks have been met)
            48. Your bike with a neon sign in the background
            49. Your bike with community pool sign or water park sign in the background.
            50. Your bike and an icecream shop
            51. your bike and grafitti
            52. Your bike and a boat in the water. Can't be a toy boat
            53. Your favorite coffee house or diner, gotta be a mom & pop kind of place
            54. Your bike and a log home or building
            55. Your bike and a Rest Area, Scenic Overlook or a Picnic Area sign.
            56. An Airport, small regional a bonus
            57. A Funny/Odd/Ironic/Hilarious street sign
            58. Haunted House
            59. Vacant building, all boarded up
            60. Military Installation
            61. Flag Pole
            62. Ice Cream Shop
            63. A garage sale sign
            64. A book store
            65. A church with a steeple or bell tower
            66. An animal shelter
            67. A town or city court house, city hall or town hall
            68. A local burger joint (no large chain places)
            69. Favorite bar sign
            70. A tractor
            71. An abandonded vehicle
            72. Your bike next to some sort of really nice car. Restored something or other.
            73. A Veterans Memorial Park
            74. A tombstone with a date of death pre 1900
            75. A state or national park sign
            76. A white picket fence
            77. A topiary, WTF is a topiary you say???? Its a shrub, trimmed up to look like an animal or object.
            78. A brick or cobblestone road
            79. The sign for a trailer park. (the nastier the better)
            80.Three or more mailboxes grouped together
            81. Rock that is taller than your bike
            82. In a loading dock
            83. Drive in resturant, A&W, Dog's & Sud's, etc.
            84. Red Box Kiosk
            85. Theater Marquee ( any movie theater, playhouse, double points for drive in theater )
            86. Someone in Cosplay. (Look It Up) N/C
            87. A bowling ally sign
            88. A winding road sign
            89. Abandonded bridge
            90. School house thats at least 100 years old
            91. Fraternity House with the word/symbol Delta on it
            92. Mailbox that doesn't look like a normal, standard USPS mailbox
            93. Roadkill
            94. Pre 1950 automobile the same color as your bike
            95. Statue of a person
            96. Real live baby
            97. Tunnel
            98. Tattoo shop
            99. Your bike sitting next to a building with a rock wall
            100. A horse drawn wagon, carriage or buggy (Horse is optional)
            101. Water well or wishing well
            102. A train station or depot
            103. Airport runway
            104. Race track
            105. Mascot
            106. Public water fountain
            107. Any mark that has been previously called! Claimed or not.
            108. Train locomotive
            109. Steam operated apparatus
            110. Old fashioned diner
            111. The gaudiest strip club imaginable. Bonus points if you have an employee astride your steed
            112. An obelisk
            113. Wrong way sign
            114. Construction crane
            115. Road closed sign
            116. Million dollar view
            117. You and your buddies riding together N/C
            118. Hot dog vendor
            119. Your bike catching air, N/C
            120. The ugliest person you can find, N/C
            121. In front of a broken window
            122. A halloween sign, N/C
            Next Mark: In front of a cell phone store

Re: DTT Photo Scavenger Hunt, Interactive Play Along, READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool idea !!! ;D

Re: DTT Photo Scavenger Hunt, Interactive Play Along, READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody want to come out and play??? :'( I will try for a cafe pic today to get things started............

Weather is the big stopper here as its been Bad !

Yep it's gettin cold too. Only hardcore players will show up........... I'm in Maine so there isn't much time left to ride. Today its 55 so I should be able to set the first "MARK"

GLENNWOOD55CAMEO said:
I will try for a cafe pic today to get things started............
No you DON'T!!! Rules stated you can't call a mark and get your own! Or something like that :)
I'm in, and I'll get a Cafe pic tomorrow to kick it off (unless somebody beats me to it) ;)

Well, I just took a 15 min. (49 degree weather) ride and took this pic. This is how it's done......... 8)

Attachments

• DVC00171.JPG
    DVC00171.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,846

So don't you now have to determine the next mark?

I guess you could say I called the first mark, therefore I'm not eligible to take my own mark according to the rules. I was just showing it CAN be done. Even in this weather :D Anybody else care to take a shot at this mark before I have to change it after 7 days with no takers?

I took the bike to work today so I will try to claim this mark on lunch. :) Illinois got warm again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

On the other site, that I got this game from, this game is a "STICKY" is 65 pages long and has gone through 45 marks so far. With this game starting so late in the season, it will be interesting to see how many HARDCORE riders will be playing. People down south will have a distinct advantage.....................weather wise..

so, we're still on "cafe" then?

Next photo......since we like 'em old, your bike with an octogenarian on the seat.

AND WERE OFF!!! Nice photo and bike........

OK I had to look it up. :-[..........oc·to·ge·nar·i·an/ˌäktəjəˈne(ə)rēən/Noun: A person who is from 80 to 89 years old.

Yep me too LOL !

Time to get Grand Pa off the couch.................. Do you get extra points if they are actually driving it??? :D

Back
Top Bottom