Oil Pressure Gauge install Honda CB750 DOHC.

Pontus85

Hello everybody, my name is Pontus and I'm working on my first CB750 Café Racer project.

The bike in question is a 1982 CB750F with the DOHC engine.

I would like to install a Oil Pressure Gauge on it. But I cant really find a good decription on how to do this on ye old interwebz.

Except for the gauge itself, what do I need to buy for a succeful install and if anyone here has installed on their cb750 DOHC, please share some pictures and description on how you did it.

Thank you everyone!

Br
Pontus

I don't know anyone who has installed one on a DOHC. I've installed one on my SOHC 750K, but never did on my DOHC 900F.
However, I would think the easiest way to do so would be to put a T fitting in between the crankcase and the sending unit for the oil light.
Something like this...
FullSizeRender_zpsmsxsfmcm.jpg

Glad I could help ;)

I had an afterthought though. If you use a long tube to make that distance for the gauge, make a mounting bracket at the gauge end that attached to the ignition cover (or similar). That'll keep the assembly from vibrating and cracking to tube.

Excellent advice!
I've built a bobber of a Kawasaki VN800 and the learning curve is usually compriced of stuff breaking because of vibration. :)

I'll start posting pictures in the forum soon!

Cheers,

//Pontus

Back
Top Bottom