Is it normal....

TerryK

"Lift up yer' kilt n' let it dangle!"
Is it normal to get so excited whilst fondling some new, but vintage shiny aluminum bits for one's motorcycle, scored at a very low price? Am I alone here? Have I some disease or mental issues? Need I seek help?
The object of my affection, four 1973 vintage, new-old-stock, never been opened, made in Japan spun aluminum velocity stacks, complete with gold cadmium plated screens for my CB550 won on eBay for a mere $37.50. They are pure sex and completely transform my bike, as well as adding some period correct street cred.

See, I told you I was exited! :p

dsc01352f.jpg

dsc01353vp.jpg

dsc01356e.jpg

dsc01357ly.jpg

First step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem, so don't start admitting anything!

Nice score.

How's the transition from stack to carb mouth? Does it step down at all? Anything to disrupt the flow? I'm just curious, I've never seen those for sale. Any chance for a pic looking into them without the screen?

Ringo said:
How's the transition from stack to carb mouth? Does it step down at all? Anything to disrupt the flow? I'm just curious, I've never seen those for sale. Any chance for a pic looking into them without the screen?

The transition is actually pretty smooth. Not perfect but acceptable in my opinion. The screens are not removable.

If you like those check out Benjies Cafe Racer site, he makes them. I've got a set on order at the moment- though they are a bit more than the OP paid for his!

Nephelim said:
If you like those check out Benjies Cafe Racer site, he makes them. I've got a set on order at the moment- though they are a bit more than the OP paid for his!

Ive seen Benji's and I like them, but I like mine better because they are the real deal, made in 1973, for a CB500 and came in the original sealed boxes. Now THAT is what it's all about for me! :p

Tim said:
First step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem, so don't start admitting anything!

Nice score.

Listen to the man...lol ya wanna be a starter, not a quitter!

Back
Top Bottom