YZF750/1000R - The Fly 5

cyclefreak said:
I think Neal still has these super cool 90's leathers he might let go of.
a8b274982f5c09a0464e94aa1cdf69fc.jpg

Is that Neal?

Still in what I call the shakedown phase on the new2me bike. Front rotors are pretty toasty and slightly warped, I have new ones on the way as well as a set of later R1 blue dot calipers. I also have a new rear rotor coming too. This bike is a blast to ride so I want to get the easier stuff sorted sooner than later. I'm starting to prep for the winter valve clearance job too.
yzr_lfRotor.jpg
yzr_rfRotor.jpg

Last edited:
canyoncarver said:
Still in what I call the shakedown phase on the new2me bike. Front rotors are pretty toasty and slightly warped, I have new ones on the way as well as a set of later R1 blue dot calipers. I also have a new rear rotor coming too. This bike is a blast to ride so I want to get the easier stuff sorted sooner than later. I'm starting to prep for the winter valve clearance job too.

what about the ISR rotors that came on the original bike?

doc_rot said:
what about the ISR rotors that came on the original bike?

I still have them but they were in rough shape, loose and missing spacers. They need to be rebuilt. If they can be, I'll reserve those for the track bike.

Brodie said:

Yowsers Brodie. I saw your post. Heal up ok?

On another note, I got more neato bits for the YZF. These are cnc'd crank covers for each side of the motor. Added protection in the event of the big oops. YEC used to make something like it for race teams. These were made by http://www.b1racingproducts.com/ Nice guy, great service.
crankcovers.jpg

Last edited:
Healing up well so far, still a long road ahead.

Those crank covers look great. Good idea as well.

The crank covers will be a snug fit if I install them under the stock plastics. They will wait for a bit before I decide which bike to put them on.

Meanwhile, new front and rear brake rotors are here. These aren't exactly name brand but I'm willing to roll the dice for the price.
yzf_Rrotor.jpg
yzf_Frotor.jpg

Last edited:
canyoncarver said:
The crank covers will be a snug fit if I install them under the stock plastics. They will wait for a bit before I decide which bike to put them on.

Meanwhile, new front and rear brake rotors are here. These aren't exactly name brand but I'm willing to roll the dice for the price.

I did the same on the intereceptor. I couldn't justify $500 for a pair of nos or oem Honda discs, so I went with the Chinese ones. Worked like a dream. Who knows how long they will hold up, but for the money, couldn't beat them

HURCO550 said:
I did the same on the intereceptor. I couldn't justify $500 for a pair of nos or oem Honda discs, so I went with the Chinese ones. Worked like a dream. Who knows how long they will hold up, but for the money, couldn't beat them

Yep, under 200$ to my door for all 3 rotors. Hard to justify not trying it.

I got the front rotors done and prepped the R1 calipers with new pads and a good rinse last night. I'll get the calipers and another flush done tonight.
freshpads.jpg
newrotors.jpg

Last edited:
So....wrong blue dot calipers after all. My bad. I'll sort that out later. I rebuilt the stock calipers with fresh pads and slapped it all back together. The new rotors work great.
0922171447a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom