GS450 "Sport" - Done!

Re: GS450 "Sport" - Time for paint!

I was busy with other projects this week and didn't make any headway on the paint. I did however, purchase some new turn signals. They are from a late model GS500, have a much more rounded shape than stock, and also have much shorter stems.

The weather is supposed to turn to crap for the next couple days, so it gives me a good chance to get to work on the tins.....

Big Rich said:
. Ever give an inanimate object the middle finger? Feels good.....
Feels better to beat it flat with a hammer and spit on it

bradj said:
Feels better to beat it flat with a hammer and spit on it

Note to self: Brad works magic with metal. But don't ask for help with fiberglass ......

Baby steps..... I concentrated on getting rid of the pinstripes first. Than the first layer of Aircraft stripper:

This is after 3 coats of stripper. I also sandblasted some minor surface rust under the tunnel (hence the tan dust on the tank):

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning the dust off and probably put another coat of stripper on.

tank looks galvanized or aluminum all gray like that.

Just slightly ahead of you in the paint stripping. Bad time of year to have my only ride stripped down for paint. Just want to ride.

Self etching primer on all the parts (only took pics of the tank):

Metallic color:

URL=http://s598.photobucket.com/user/rmyers104/media/GS450%20S/20130518_001131_zps676d8e05.jpg.html]
20130518_001131_zps676d8e05.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks Hoosier! Once I get that exhaust knocked out, it'll look even better.....

Back
Top Bottom