HELP!

Get EVERYTHING in writing and always take down the names and times of people you talk to. Had my car stolen years ago and one guy slipped up and answered a question the wrong way and I got full asking price. Keep asking and telling them that you have major concerns that it's not safe for you and your baby. Get the right person to agree and they'll total it.

Thank y'all!!! I'll update as this goes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

initial estimate 12,500
new transmission 3,000
new computer/labor/OPDS unit (stuff that i don't understand) 1600-1700
AND dude at Honda dealer is badass, and told me that: Right front frame is not aligned properly. Excessive gap and hood has poor fit. Not flush against top fender. Left wheel is totally out of alignment, suspension is bent. Left rear door has a huge ding in it. The hood looks like it was sanded with 200 grit sandpaper.

Get an estimate from the dealer to rectify all those deficiances and add that to the total, they should write it off then, your average person wouldn't notice most of those issues, being pointed out all are safety and re-sale issues so they need to be fixed, the bill will be 3-4 times the market value of the car. Stand your ground and don't sign off on anything, you're getting there.

Insurance is going to re evaluate this week. Woot! And the whole wheel/suspension thing is apparently bad enough that it's in plain sight.

Can someone please procure such a gent for me? Also throw in a phrase about a day off to work on the bikes would be grrreaattt thx

a4y9a2ed.jpg

May I suggest that you bring a bottle of wine to Honda dealer guy? I would be willing to bet that 9/10s of his job is getting cursed at. He's probably got a suicide likelihood north of a dentist's.

Yeah, I'm an appreciative type so I already bought him a six pack of Shiner (thought it was more his style than the wine) and was thinking a gift card to a nearby restaurant would be nice.. He could have a nicer than usual lunch break, or grab a bite while traffic dies down, or take the family out, whatever. Glad you suggested it though, didn't want it to come off weird haha

Alright, the adjuster went out on Friday.. I'm guessing they're just too into this car so they're going to throw money at it til it's out the door. I want to start going up the chain at Liberty Mutual. I'm done with the car, I'm either going to lose a ton of money by trading it in, but would really rather the insurance have to take care of it. What to say to insurance to make them hear me??

Glad you're ok lady. Just saw this somehow...

As far as going up the ladder, "my attorney will be in touch" goes a LOOOOONG way. So does "so, I was told by the dealership that this is unsafe for my child".

+ one to what Mike said, threaten with a Lawyer and play the unsafe card and get the dealership to put that in Writing.

Depending on your state it may not be a bad idea to record calls in case this does go to court. There are some good cell phone call recording apps out there. I record almost every call with banks, credit card company's, etc. never hurts bc they may say they are making records of your conversations but its amazing how quickly those things get lost when it no longer benefits them.

I got out of a sprint contract in this manner. Recorded my call and then later when the manager said there was no record of me calling in my complaints for the past 3 months I had all the evidence in my phone.

Totally different situation but still relevant. It's a shitty world we live in. Especially when it comes to insurance.

In some states you have to tell them it's being recorded...

Ugh so we are just under 20k in at this point and still having problems, and the adjuster admitted that they've just put so much money in it already..

Three vendors have looked at my car, and none of them can fix something with the airbags. Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom