Ouch!

Maritime

Over 10,000 Posts
So I am finishing a room to earn money to get to barber in Oct. Had my thumb too close to where I was shootinv a 2" brad into base board. It hit something that made it turn and wham, right into my thumb. I tried to pull my thumb off and it pulled the base off instead. About 1" of the 2" brad went into my thumb through the bone and curving to lodge it there. I cut the end of the nail off the board. Trip to the er, local and an xray zo doc can figure out direction to pull. Ouch even with local. and I was back to finish the job LOL. Moral is. Keep ur damn figures away from brads.

Play safe.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405900034454.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405900034454.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1405900059627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405900059627.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1405900082500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405900082500.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 132
Where's the blood?
If it went in the bone I bet it hurt like a bitch!

I was on a jobsite once and a guy was nailing a piece of subfloor down with a 16 penny framing nailer and got too much in the zone and nailed his hand straight to the floor. They had to cut a square out with a sawzall so he could get to the ER haha.

Brads are dangerous things. You never know when one will get bent outta shape and come at ya ::)

I think in the future keep the gun away from Brad. He obviously hasn't a friggin' clue what he's doing.

Redbird said:
Brads are dangerous things. You never know when one will get bent outta shape and come at ya ::)
Hoofhearted said:
I think in the future keep the gun away from Brad. He obviously hasn't a friggin' clue what he's doing.

"Ha!"

(Apologies to Mr. Ard)

Crazy

Well, I didn't get to take the x-rays as they are digital. It didn't hurt as much as you would think, well it hurt enough LOL. Went through the bone, hit my nail and curved so the doctor had a fun time getting it out of there. I get to take some pretty heavy antibiotics to prevent bone infection but there was almost 0 blood. It went in and sealed itself and when the pulled it out, there was local and a tourniquit so just a trickle came out, then all bandaged up. Throbs a lot but IB prophin is enough to keep it tolerable. Went back and finished the job then went home and had some beers to make it all better.

Redbird said:

I was waiting for this, should have known who would make the joke first ;D although it is true.

We have a La-Z-Boy furniture plant in town, every week or two someone staples their thumb to a recliner or couch. A buddy of mine did his right before lunch, and had to wait until people came back after lunch to get loose. :eek:

Hahaha. That is hilarious. I assume they don't have any "days without an accident" signs posted in that factory.

Back
Top Bottom