so I took a ride the other day...

If you think that's bad, imagine being on the greenest gayest KZ1000 and hearing "now THAT'S a Harley!"

If it's vintage, it's a Harley.

Ha, and to think I was suggesting possibly going through Myrtle Beach. But, that was only to pay a visit to the only one our kind that lives in that town. Ya know, like visiting a zoo to see the albino alligator.

deviant said:
Ha, and to think I was suggesting possibly going through Myrtle Beach. But, that was only to pay a visit to the only one our kind that lives in that town. Ya know, like visiting a zoo to see the albino alligator.

Ha! Yeah its kinda like that. Although there is that cool reptile place down there that has an albino alligator :) in all seriousness, North Myrtle is pretty nice. But regular Myrtle, I can't seem to go there there without running into some on from work or drunken suv drivers from ocean lakes.

Ha, thread of the month? Nah, I'd really just like to see some more of us get out and take a good long ride sometime. The kind where the old map gets used instead of the gps, the local diner trumps the fast food, and real people are met along the way. Tha way it should be :)

Yep, that's the way it should be. It can be amazing the stories and adventures you can get into if you just put yourself out there and avoid the main stream places. The beauty of the vintage bike is it's rewarding to ride on the kind of roads that lead to these places. I wish I could just take off and see what I can get into like I used to but these days I'm at a place in my life where I can't just take off for a few days at a time but I do manage to take a good long ride for 3-4 hours once a week outside of my regular local pottering about. It's cool what you can see and do in a 3 hour round-trip - although you don't get to really spend much time off the bike. Maybe i should post about it but you've set the bar kinda high here... plus I'm a bit scared of that guy on the Duc...

I'll send you a route I took through the barren Mexican valleys if you want to get very familiar with your own thoughts :)

Redliner said:
I'll send you a route I took through the barren Mexican valleys if you want to get very familiar with your own thoughts :)

Go for it. Although mexico is a no more vacation time than I have to burn.

And Ribo, that asshat on the ducati hasant been seen since that day. Who knows where he will turn up. As for the bar, nah, theres no bar. Just a good time to be had. im already plotting my next great escape.

I'm looking at pretty interesting ride on Monday if the weather holds. I live pretty much right near the Potomac in Northern VA and I just learnt there's a ferry (whites ferry) that is still running across to Maryland about 20 mins from my house.... got to check it out, plus it makes for a really nice round trip crossing state lines and past some pretty cool history and modern day interest like Langley. Ok - yep - you got me motivated - thanks :)

Ribo said:
I'm looking at pretty interesting ride on Monday if the weather holds. I live pretty much right near the Potomac in Northern VA and I just learnt there's a ferry (whites ferry) that is still running across to Maryland about 20 mins from my house.... got to check it out, plus it makes for a really nice round trip crossing state lines and past some pretty cool history and modern day interest like Langley. Ok - yep - you got me motivated - thanks :)
You have an amazing loop to Harpers Ferry and back along the Potomac. Great Civil War history and some of the most beautiful landscape in the Mid-Atlantic.

deviant said:
You have an amazing loop to Harpers Ferry and back along the Potomac. Great Civil War history and some of the most beautiful landscape in the Mid-Atlantic.

Yes indeed - that's on the list - I did that in the car with the wife and kids when we first moved here and it's awesome - we actually stayed in Harpers Ferry for the night at a haunted B&B ;). Doing the ride on the bike will be even better for sure and I'd take a more local road route but it's a good one day event at least to make it worth it. It's certainly on my list though.

Kinda wish I still lived up there in Delaware, at times......used to take trips like that around the Delmarva peninsula. Great history lesson to be had for sure.

Took me an hour just to find those coordinates.

Enjoy the walk. Bring water ;D

http://youtu.be/V1pizXjTNl0

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    926 KB · Views: 193
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.06.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 2.06.33 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 181