Vintage 3/4 lid + Vintage Motorcross faceguard = One Bad MOFO lid...

where are you getting these face masks? I can't find them anywhere online. I see a lot of ebay links and I've searched everywhere on ebay and can't come up with anything

foundation982 said:
where are you getting these face
foundation982 said:
where are you getting these face masks? I can't find them anywhere online. I see a lot of ebay links and I've searched everywhere on ebay and can't come up with anything
searched everywhere on ebay and can't come up with anything

Yep.. They are near impossible to find.. When they do come up for sale, it usually goes for big bucks..

Anyhow, if you want one, let me know... I believe I have one or two in the magical and wounderous box of parts...

Yup. Hard time finding them, and when I DO, I end up not having the cash at the time, so I've taken to designing and fashioning one, myself, out of polycarbonate. Just trying to figure out how I want to mount it, now.

I would be interested in JT helmet guard. If it is still around. Since I have not been able to find one, I started cutting up my paintball mask to create something similar. I got an old Fulmer helmet, that looks huge on my head, with the bulky paitball mask, it's sorta too much. I would like to thank all you guys for the great creative ideas. I can't get my bike running yet, but I can't stop thinking of helmet ideas.

Yeah, I tried modding an actual JT paintball mask, but it didn't cover enough territory. Maybe if I added some material to create the side pieces, it'd work. Just found it easier to start from scratch with a blank piece of poly.

Some times, when you try to save money, you end up spending even more for the same, or lesser, result.

RoadRash said:
Yeah, I tried modding an actual JT paintball mask, but it didn't cover enough territory. Maybe if I added some material to create the side pieces, it'd work. Just found it easier to start from scratch with a blank piece of poly.

Some times, when you try to save money, you end up spending even more for the same, or lesser, result.

Yep... Its just better to buy it when you can find it...

xratt said:
I would be interested in JT helmet guard. If it is still around. Since I have not been able to find one, I started cutting up my paintball mask to create something similar. I got an old Fulmer helmet, that looks huge on my head, with the bulky paitball mask, it's sorta too much. I would like to thank all you guys for the great creative ideas. I can't get my bike running yet, but I can't stop thinking of helmet ideas.

Did you do the paintbal mask inside or outside the helmet?

On the LSi helmet I picked up, it was simple to rig up some snaps inside the helmet and the paintball mask doesnt look too huge...

246987_10100842504930184_2332510_72535083_7265424_n.jpg

wow, silverstonepgt. That looks real good. My first try looked huge because I tried to leave the goggles attached. Yours came out real good. Again I have more things to try. If I ever get a good result, I will post a pic.

Thanks. Hardest part was having the patience to hand form the poly under heat with my heat gun. Patience is one thing that I'm usually low on. If you look close enough to the top pic, you can see the re-enforced mesh I added behind the mask, in order to keep bugs, rocks and small rodents off of my face, while riding! hehe!

If you get the patience ever again, whip another one of those up! It looks delicious, I'd eat it right up!

Tyler Jay said:
If you get the patience ever again, whip another one of those up! It looks delicious, I'd eat it right up!

LOL! Tyler, if I ever get the nerve up to do another one, I'll let ya know, and thanks for the compliment.

There's a guy who makes a replica of the "goose" faceguard. I don't know him so I don't want to post his info online but if you are interested pm me and I will give you his info. He sells them for $75 and they come complete with the rivets and snaps. I didn't buy one so I don't know about the quality but they look pretty good in the pics.

hardware.jpg

Scott

Yes I spoke to him in the past. If it's the same guy, it's made from fiberglass. He mentioned that its designed for the outside of the helmet and might crack if you try to mount is "inside" the helmet..

Back
Top Bottom