CJ360 1´st start

Rene Holsebro

Been Around the Block
1´st start in 20years :) :) :)
engine reassembled from boxes, with new crankbearings, and a pistonrings, cylindre honed, gaskets
camchain, oilseals. but i dit not buy a new oilpump(it looked ok)

i notice that gasoline comes out of the carburators after startup, what could be wrong?
they are not leaking otherwise.

behind the left side cover i notice oil comming out of a little hole that goes inside the engine
it looks like it goes into the bottom of the crank, i just think that oil will be sprayed around
the flywheel?

How do i proceed from here, do i start it up and let it run warm, and hope for the best
I´m worried about the oil deliverance to the top, and how i check that, befor it´s too late.

sounds like a carburetor float issue. Sticking or adjusted wrong.

There is supposed to oil around the flywheel area. If lubricates (splash) the starter chain and clutch. The hole at the bottom is a drain back hole. Oil level should not actually hit the flywheel/Rotor.

You should prefill the cam lube "pools" at the top...Then start and look for fresh oil entering the area, overfilling the pools...DO NOT RACE the engine until it is running long enough to get steadily supply oil to the top. Many cam journals are lost to revving the engine immediately after start.

Also, do not run on the side stand....If the oil is a little low, the suction screen for the pump can actually be out of the oil level. Center stand if you have it, or have someone hold it upright.

Tanks :) i only have it on centerstand.
What you meen is that i Should look inside
One of the Holes where i adjust the valves and see
If there are fresh Oil in the two pools.
I have prefilled Them!
And let it Warm up slowly.

I am not going to rev it for a long time ;)
It took me a year to find everything just to start it

Keep the rpm around 2,000 or slightly higher while warming up, the oil doesn't fly around like it should if you just let bike idle.
A constant rpm is better than blipping throttle
Certain areas only get splash lubrication (small ends, rocker pivots, etc)

Back
Top Bottom