TATTOOs... Lets see what ya got!!..

Re: TATTOO's... Lets see what ya got!!..

Tattoos get expensive the bigger and/or more detailed they get.
Check with your local ink shops. I'd bet you could "pop your cherry" with something small for around $50 ;)

My first so far.. done by my cousin Matti at Cherry Bomb in Martinsburg WV.. Great shop.. great artists
28801_128510790504175_1000003576512.jpg

one of many. but my fav. work in progress.. much like my bike.. lol.. it never ends.

Redbird said:
Tattoos get expensive the bigger and/or more detailed they get.
Check with your local ink shops. I'd bet you could "pop your cherry" with something small for around $50 ;)

Dude, totally OT-your avatar is MESMERIZING! :eek:

Here's 4 of my 5
Star of David was first at 18 (right shoulder blade)
Trenchcoat was copied from my Dad (Over my heart)
Name in Hebrew was on a whim (Left bicep)
Jaguar was totally random, but I still like it (Left shoulder blade)

And here's my latest (2 years ago)
Popeye on my right bicep
I eat spinach like it's going out of style. Spinach can at his feet is going to be the next add-on.

I finally got my Koi!

utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxMzAuanBn.jpg

2.5 hours on the table for just the fish. I have to go back next week so he can add the water/splashes/waves. The Koi is all mine (I drew it) but I gave him liberty to do whatever he wants with the water. I'll have a completed pic when it's done ;)

A few weeks ago, I got this. Its the 6 exhaust ports of a Rolls Royce Merlin from a Spitfire. I'm in the Canadian Air Force, I LOVE old airplanes and would love to some day get payed to work on them. It pretty much speaks for all things mechanical, powerful, fast and airplane right now. I wanted that for a tattoo for the longest time. I could NEVER find the right picture on the internet so I had to take one myself. You cant just find a Spitfire around the corner...

Picture056.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0012.jpg

Im 6'2". I was on my toes holding the camera as high as I could to get the picture of the ports so it would be perfect. And yes, The fire is on the ball too. I spent hours watching videos on Youtube trying to "print screen" the best looking timing cycle of the engine. Im going back in a while to get some more detail and a little more shading.

Jolly Roger from before:

Picture055.jpg

My moms side of the family/ name many years ago were actually pirates, My dads side were sailors who were the first Europeans to stay in Newfoundland/ North America and set up shop, and in the 30's they were rum runners...

All 3 and my ear thats up to a 4 gauge now.

Picture057.jpg

And you can see my "Canada" on my right wrist.

got this a week ago:

ivebe1.jpg

and got this tonight:

6yf8lu.jpg

I'm not knockin ya, but why the cow tattoos?

why not? I like cows.

Also my grandparents had a farm and the whole sleeve is the story of their lives. The b-17's are what my grandfather flew in ww2, the married after had a farm and grew sunflowers and leased much of their land for cows to pasture. My grandmother had a pet cow. On the farm is where my grandfather died as well. There is going to be a tractor on the inside of my forearm whereas the cow is on the outside. Once the tractor is done, the stems of the sunflowers will fill in the empty space pulling the whole sleeve together.

w1v9u.jpg

Basement rat said:
A few weeks ago, I got this. Its the 6 exhaust ports of a Rolls Royce Merlin from a Spitfire. I'm in the Canadian Air Force, I LOVE old airplanes and would love to some day get payed to work on them. It pretty much speaks for all things mechanical, powerful, fast and airplane right now. I wanted that for a tattoo for the longest time. I could NEVER find the right picture on the internet so I had to take one myself. You cant just find a Spitfire around the corner...

Picture056.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0012.jpg

BR, you need to get the camo off the spitfire around the ports, fading partway around your arm!

Yea, its all up to what MK Spitfire I decide and and what theater I want it from. I'm also toying with the idea of a BF 109 exhaust on the opposite side of my arm or a pinup even tho I cant find evidence of Spits' with nose art like that...

NRMYF00Z.jpg

I can find other art, but no pin up gals...
work.4244559.2.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Peter%20with%20Spitfire%20A%20U%20-%20J..jpg

None of it appears period either. Maybe the US boys were the only ones permitted to deface government property like that.

Just for the heck of it a nice P-51 with the checks in full swing:
KyLB.jpg

For the Spitfires, the indian head is the only one I can find... The brits seem to have been more consertive then the yanks for nose art.

If I went for the Mustang, there would have been a TON of different styles for the nose art but again I want to keep this one more Canadian even thoe we did have some Mustang squadrons.

Here is all I could find so far

Attachments

• 101_3_b1.jpg
    101_3_b1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 192
  • 101_10.jpg
    101_10.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 200

AUJ is a Mustang, and if you notice that all of the Spits' you show there have a very similar paint scheme. The patterns are mostly the same with the gray and green, slight variations on the pattern and they are renderings. If you look at actual pictures of the planes, you will see that most all of the patterns are slightly different because they were painted by hand. The same goes for any camo pattern you see on any aircraft or truck out there today.

Back
Top Bottom