Hello from Cardiff UK - GPZ305 cafe racer

Khaos

Cafe Racer in Cardiff, Wales
Hi, just joined the site - I've got a Kawasaki 305 (later unitrak variant) cafe racer, which I just bought, and I've come to find inspiration. Basically this is one of those bikes that just needs the important little finishing touches sorted out, and I'm looking forward to do just that.

Welcome into the madness mate ,very clean looking bike guess it will be the usual get her running ok ride her then sit back and get inspiration to how ya gonna finish her off, look forward to ya updates bud always here for Q&A's /idea's

Ohhhh yes. She's got a 10ish mile collection ride tomorrow night (yeah... first ride at night... Murphy's Law says it's going to rain like a barsteward), a debug of anything that crops up on Weds morning, then a couple of short(ish) trips to mates on Weds PM to see what else needs doing. Fun times ahead, and I'm already trying to think my way around the weak points of the engine to increase reliability. Time will tell ;)

I really, REALLY like this site - plenty of different bikes to draw inspiration from, and personalities to bounce ideas off. Superb :D

yup a good crowd, don't always pull there punches tho but hey we all got thick skin (cos we ride bikes )haha .Best way to find the glitches is ride her a while also get the feel of what ya might want to do with the girl ,lets hope for a dry couple of days
ride safe mate .

Let the fun begin! I'm already playing with colour schemes on the PC, figuring out the modifications that I want to make, and getting ready to do a winter rebuild. Mechanics first though (boo!).

I hadn't thought about the weather. Don't want a green bike that blends into the wet background. Is there a new series/season of Hinterland out yet? Mali Harries is rather cute - girl next door sort of look

Green199 said:
That's a tidy looking start.

Yep, for £750 it's a bargain too. In an ideal world I'd shoehorn in a GPZ500 engine (which is a totally different unit with none of the design flaws) but it's unlikely to happen. I'll just make sure she's up to scratch, and then take care of the fugly bits.

teazer said:
I hadn't thought about the weather. Don't want a green bike that blends into the wet background. Is there a new series/season of Hinterland out yet? Mali Harries is rather cute - girl next door sort of look

Mate, that's out in the redneck zone - Aberystwyth! Seriously though, it's lovely country with amazing roads - I used to blast an old RXS100 around there YEARS ago. Season 3 of Hinterlands should be with us next year, they have renewed it. Since when does Kawasaki racing green blend into anything? Even other shades of green won't have anything to do with it :p

Back
Top Bottom