'73 CB350 Build Thread

Dude I tried to text you yesterday and never got a reply. Someone finally replied .beig a huge punk then I realized I entered your number wrong. /facepalm

-Matt

Pine-Sol bath for the next 24 hours. I've got my fingers crossed!

IMAG0852.jpg

Scribed....

Also, I'm sure plenty know what an EM1 is lol.

I'm curious how well your pine-sol bath works out. Almost as bad looking as the ones I get to mess with. Were yours completely stuck and unable to move???

Man! I will definitely be following this build, as ours are VERY similar, even down to our names. Mine's a 750 but otherwise we're basically doing the same thing, you're just a little a head of me. I've got the carbs off and taken a part and just need to give them a bath.

Awesome! Im tagging along to your build as well. Very cool!

Ok, so I wasn't too pleased with how the Pine-Sol dip went. Kept them in there for 36 hours and it doesn't look too much different than when I put it in. I mean, it IS better, but not as good as I'd like. Any further cleaning ideas? No where near the results others have gotten.

-Matt

Huh, that sucks! This is how one of my carb bodies looked like coming out of the Pine-sol:

mrn24.jpg

I don't know why it didn't work as well for you. Time to get a toothbrush and start scrubbing I guess! :p

What scent did you use? I used Lemon since the original made me gag in Target when I smelled it. Ill go snap a pic of mine and post up. brb

I used original - I've been told that it works best. Yes, it does stink like gin flavored turpentine though :p

Well, this doesn't solve my biggest of issues, but the float chamber cover polished up nicely!

IMAG0864.jpg

-Matt

you really need the vibration I think, same principle as I used for the vinegar on the rust,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbb1Za-IdCQ

This is a bit aggressive but as I have mentioned I got mine to vibrate at a nice rate sitting on the back of my sheds wall mount aircon.

Thats the idea behind the lemon BOIL aswell, the boiling helps the carbs to bounce around a bit and work shit clean out of all the hard to get places. ;)

Soda blaster dude! I picked one up for $30 odd but I already had a compressor.

I get soda all over the side garden but it cleans them really well. They get a mother of pearl sheen to them:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358412739.158211.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358412739.158211.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 814
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358412770.128557.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358412770.128557.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 717
Whats the method for removing the grit/soda from the internals of the carb, this is my biggest concern when blasting things like carby's.
Would be keen to know though as they do come up a treat ;)

I want a soda blaster so badly. Im asking around Cincy to see if anyone has one I can use for awhile. I don't have a compressor and don't feel like dropping the $200-300 for the full setup. :/

-Matt

Back
Top Bottom