'73 CB350 -- First Build-- Dedicated to my Father

The cheap alternative is a regular impact screwdriver from Sears or your local tool store. Smack teh end with a hammer and if that doesn't work, drill the heads off.

Those tensioner wheels never have real teeth on them, but that one looks like it's starting to break up. You can probably replace it with a KZ1000 steel roller.

Luugo86 said:
This is a pic of my humble shop that I built... Cool TT poster painting was done by my Wife.. if interested in similar garage art for your shops let me know she works by commission and is really talented

Pretty hip little workspace.

Anyone know a good resource to acquire some of the honda CB specialty tools... like the valve spring remover, rear suspension compressor/remover.. stuff like that?

Valve springs http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valve-Spring-Compressor-C-Clamp-Service-Kit-Auto-Motorcycle-ATV-Small-Engine-/231156362517?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item35d1fe2d15&vxp=mtr

There are others of the same design there all for 20-30 bucks and are all OK for our sort of work. I have one.

Alternator rotor remover: Use the rear axle.

teazer said:
Valve springs http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valve-Spring-Compressor-C-Clamp-Service-Kit-Auto-Motorcycle-ATV-Small-Engine-/231156362517?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item35d1fe2d15&vxp=mtr

There are others of the same design there all for 20-30 bucks and are all OK for our sort of work. I have one.

Alternator rotor remover: Use the rear axle.

Thanks brother, appreciate it, as always.

Im gonna have some more pics posted up soon... I live in central PA and we've been getting hammered with winter weather the past few weeks and Its too F'in cold in my shop to work until I get a bigger heater or a gallon of bourbon lol..

So I got a little impact driver.. I was able to get 2 more of the bolts out of the cylinder head side covers.. but there are still a couple that were just way too stripped out by whoever was working on it before I bought it.
I know that drilling the bolt heads off was mentioned, this is something I have never done, just looking for some guidance on how to go about doing it... would I then try to use some vise-grips to twist the rest of the bolt out of the head after that ? Any advice appreciated.

Center punch the screw head and then use a 1/4" drill bit and drill it straight on. Stop drilling as the screw head comes off. Repeat for others and then remove the outer casting. Then spray the stub of the screw with wd40 and heat as required but a stud extractor should whip those puppies out in no time.

If a stud remover won't grip for some reason, use Vice grips.

I had to do the same thing earlier this week.

Thanks Rich, Ill post some photos of the results.. also have been doing a bit of frame work, ill post photos there too..
.. really looking forward to getting into this engine.

Hey fellas, I have a ton of photos to post, lots of progress to mention but need a quick word of wisdom first. I'm trying to split my cases, everything by the manual is done except removing the stator. I don't have the tool and was told it wasn't necessary to split the cases.
I can't get them split. Been tapping with a rubber mallet. Nada. Any tips to make this easier?

make sure ALL of the case fixing screws and bolts are removed
then use a woode block striking it end-grain-ways at the lugs on the ends of the cases whilst propping the cases up in such a way as they will naturally fall apart....
another sure way is to remove your shoes,grab the engine and lift it over your bare toes

Xb, thanks for the tip brother, I opted for 2nd option... Now I have hobbit feet! :p
Another question.. I'm disassembling the kicks start

.... And I can't get the spindle off the pinion to remove the whole deal. I don't want to force it and fuck it up. Any tips?

Luugo86 said:
.... And I can't get the spindle off the pinion to remove the whole deal. I don't want to force it and fuck it up. Any tips?
come again ? the terminology confoose me

I can't get the kick start pinion off of the spindle. Was hoping for some Jedi knowledge

ok you gotta go inside take off snap ring first #30 then remove entire assembly
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1972-honda-cb350k4/o/m9198#sch397228
HJ0906W0085025.gif

Back
Top Bottom