Vintage 3/4 lid + Vintage Motorcross faceguard = One Bad MOFO lid...

arsey said:
that is a pretty badass look. i just realized why it looks familiar..
also, I bought one of those iron jaws off of ebay, but this one bolts on to the outside and is really bulky, not sure if I'm digging it.

yeah.. Those Iron Jaws are pretty cool.. Except you have to drill holes into the helmet to mount it..
Personally I dont like doing that...

whao!!. Just won another JTRacing faceguard on ebay.. huh...that was an accident!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180457073288

Lid and Mask for sale:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=14402.0

;D

dcwp said:
Just out of curiosity, why don't you ship to Italy?

In Italy, (in particular), its more common for packages to get lost/stolen than to arrive at its destination...

Thanks, that's what I thought, but with the texture I was thinking it was possible it was something else. I'd love one that style made of leather. I wonder if that would be strong enough to hold up?

charlesskelter said:
I wonder if that would be strong enough to hold up?

hold up to what?... I dont think any of those masks, plastic or not, would hold up to any sort of impact...
It just looks cool.. I believe it was just designed to stop getting rocks/stones in your face...
Remember.. that shit was originally for motorcross racing before full-face helmets were designed!!..

Hold up to that exactly. High speed winds and any rocks and debris flung at the lower portion of my face. I'm not sure if something would need to be sandwitched in to make it work without collapsing in the wind or with small impacts.

charlesskelter said:
Hold up to that exactly. High speed winds and any rocks and debris flung at the lower portion of my face. I'm not sure if something would need to be sandwitched in to make it work without collapsing in the wind or with small impacts.

Well I just listed this one up for sale:

IRONJAW2.jpg

IRONJAW3.jpg

on here:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=16791.0

That vintage Iron Jaw piece is a lot more functional since it is actually mounted to the shell of the helmet.
It is adjustable and the jaw piece can be moved towards the helmet or away from the helmet.

They are really difficult to find on ebay. Ive seen a complete piece with the mounting hardware on ebay only once.

I hope you don't mind, I got inspired by your vintage helmets, and made a modern version:

35233_10100280533435564_2332510_64769901_5363804_n.jpg

And I know, its huge, but its DOT approved.

(okay really its cause I couldnt find a vintage helmet in good shape) ;)

How do those modded 3/4s ride? With the masks snapped inside (very cool, I agree), is it stable or would it tend to oscillate in the wind? I'm in the hunt for a couple vintage masks to try on my old 3/4.

Easy13 said:
How do those modded 3/4s ride? With the masks snapped inside (very cool, I agree), is it stable or would it tend to oscillate in the wind? I'm in the hunt for a couple vintage masks to try on my old 3/4.

Ive had no problems at all...
Friday night, I rode my xs650 to Brampton, hwy 427 & 401 at an average speed of 120km/hr and I had no oscillation from the mask I was wearing on my 3/4 at all...
althought I wish I was wearing riding glasses or goggles... I had riding tears the entire journey...

ah! Once this thread was resurected i saw that you had an Iron Jaw for sale ages ago. I've been looking for one forever. Like you mentioned, they're damn near impossible to find. I went so far as to get into contact with a dealer out of Japan but they go for unruly amounts. At $100 someone got a helluva deal. If you ever come across another Iron Jaw you want to sell, keep me in mind.

scotch said:
ah! Once this thread was resurected i saw that you had an Iron Jaw for sale ages ago. I've been looking for one forever. Like you mentioned, they're damn near impossible to find. I went so far as to get into contact with a dealer out of Japan but they go for unruly amounts. At $100 someone got a helluva deal. If you ever come across another Iron Jaw you want to sell, keep me in mind.

yeah... the Iron Jaws just aren't around anymore. Once the full face helmets hit the market, everyone wanted one and just tossed the JT Masks, IronJaws, etc..etc.. in the the garbage.

I know I dont have a Iron Jaw in the magic and wonderious box of parts, but I do have one JT Mask left if you really want one...

I appreciate the offer, but i've got a a Bell Moto III that i'm prepping to cast some face shields off of so i can mount them on my 3/4's. I should be set on the face mask front.

Back
Top Bottom