Official "Show off your helmet" thread

Just got this one on Ebay. I did the stripes after I got it. And yes I know it is'nt DOT approved. I don't care. I DOT approved it myself ;D

dav_lid_6.jpg

dav_lid_3.jpg

oldog said:
Just got this one on Ebay. I did the stripes after I got it. And yes I know it is'nt DOT approved. I don't care. I DOT approved it myself ;D

I LOVE this helmet!

Hey DrJ ... with all of those metal flake helmets, do you ever get the urge to put them on a rotating table and shine bright lights on them?

DrJ said:
Rebel glitter lid, yeeeehaaaawww!!!!! The South shall rise again ;D

2062944776_d4b03b863e.jpg

In my younger days when I first started riding my little dirt bikes off and on road(yes,the "Man" didn't hassle you as much then...Maybe because his kids were your friends and THEY did it too!) I had a Blue and Silver stripped glitter helmet(you may have seen/remember them?) and of course I had the clear "Wrap-around" shield for warm weather a clear "Bubble" shield for colder weather.

Chip said:

Nice lids except they really don't belong on this forum. There's nothing cafe or vintage about them. Let's try our best to keep with the era please.

coolatula said:
In my younger days when I first started riding my little dirt bikes off and on road(yes,the "Man" didn't hassle you as much then...Maybe because his kids were your friends and THEY did it too!) I had a Blue and Silver stripped glitter helmet(you may have seen/remember them?) and of course I had the clear "Wrap-around" shield for warm weather a clear "Bubble" shield for colder weather.

I wasn't old enough the first time metalflake helmets were around. Now they're all being snapped up by collectors in California and Japan.

DrJ said:
Nice lids except they really don't belong on this forum. There's nothing cafe or vintage about them. Let's try our best to keep with the era please.

The first one doesn't fit in?!? ??? Sorry, the title didn't say show off your "vintage" helmet. Those are what I wear because I don't like putting my head in the trust of a pudding bowl most of the time.

If you look back, lots of the lids (that aren't Dr J's or Noel's ;)) are modern.

And a couple of them are race "replicas" like your agv - chip.
I wouldn't sweat it.

Mine is on there and it's just a cheapo-HJC with some stickers.

Hey Noel? You givin away any of your simpson lids yet? ;D

Ease said:
If you look back, lots of the lids (that aren't Dr J's or Noel's ;)) are modern.

And a couple of them are race "replicas" like your agv - chip.
I wouldn't sweat it.

Mine is on there and it's just a cheapo-HJC with some stickers.

Hey Noel? You givin away any of your simpson lids yet? ;D

Hey Chip, nice lids!!.. I do have to say that cuz of the lighting in the photo and the bling of the other 2, I didn't see the 1st one of the 3!!

Hey Ease..hee..hee.. you like those Bandit huh?... Well tell you what, I'll sell one of them just as soon as I get another white one that I'll paint up to look like the Punisher!!.. ;D

Well, it kind of goes against the mention of the preference for the helmets to be "vintage" but here is mine (or at least part of it).

1445357763_7542b7b5c7_b.jpg

beardking said:
Well, it kind of goes against the mention of the preference for the helmets to be "vintage" but here is mine (or at least part of it).

Definately NOT a Canadian helmet or you'd be pulled over every 15 feet.

Scarcat said:
Definately NOT a Canadian helmet or you'd be pulled over every 15 feet.

Nope, from Dallas, TX here. I just figure that's a good bit of warning to anyone that's behind me. ;D The sticker pretty well describes me.

Back
Top Bottom