Royal Enfield week in Redditch

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Redditch hosted an event in the town centre to recognise Royal Enfield and their contribution to the town.

As well as some golden oldies, there was the entire range from the current Enfield owners - and the CEO paid a visit on one day. The Constellation / Interceptor reincarnation had been talked about for years getting peeps like me excited. However, what they've produced doesn't look anything like the beastie look of the originals.

BTW - that Flying Flea was dropped by parachute in Normandy during the recent D Day commemorations. Obviously survived !

The original office block / drawing office building still remains. The rest of the site has been redeveloped into individual workshops and units.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3088.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3088.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 211
  • thumbnail_IMG_3082.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3082.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 204
  • thumbnail_IMG_3080.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3080.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 202
  • thumbnail_IMG_3079.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3079.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 202
  • thumbnail_IMG_3077.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3077.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 203
  • thumbnail_IMG_3066.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3066.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 200
  • thumbnail_IMG_3067.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3067.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 213
I spoke with a rep at Barber last year They are made in Madras (Chennai) India and quality is not there. Plenty of cool design work, but I'm afraid they are doomed unless they can find a way to force quality control. It took a while in Japan, then in Korea, then China (starting to get there). I wouldn't buy one, even though they have some great ideas.

pidjones said:
I spoke with a rep at Barber last year They are made in Madras (Chennai) India and quality is not there. Plenty of cool design work, but I'm afraid they are doomed unless they can find a way to force quality control. It took a while in Japan, then in Korea, then China (starting to get there). I wouldn't buy one, even though they have some great ideas.

Yes, they have made a big effort with the last take over to get to grips with quality control and material selection. The singles have gradually improved here in the UK. There's a pub in Redditch which is named "The Royal Enfield" and they have a Bullet [ original ] hanging on the wall !

Back
Top Bottom