Remember when this forum was about...

redwillissuperman said:
I will post this and then delete it once everyone pisses on it:

Just like how SiriusXM is trying to bring back old subscribers, why not have the moderators contact all the "Dead Builds" out there. Ask them to post an update of some kind. Maybe rekindle the fire.

I was looking for some inspiration for a brat and I realized I was reading the same posts over and over again on each build- no fenders, no tire clearance, bars don't turn far enough, firestones, seat is too thin, exhaust is too loud.....and then the updates would stop. Maybe the builder died, or they got tired of having to "activate Adobe", or they felt unwelcomed.....

Or they came up against an obstacle and felt they had no where to turn for help and guidance.

Some of the people on here have great talent and experience. they build a lot of different bikes and maybe even work at a dealership. Others have one bike they built in 1989 using the JC Whitney catalogue and now just have opinions. The first group needs to overpower the second.

Maybe add a silence button, where the OP can "silence" a poster from his thread. That would keep the pissing matches to a minimum.

Anyways, I'm still not running dorky fenders.

Some continue to build "their dream" and get near the end of the build and realize we were right in everything we told them was wrong. or they actually finish and find it to be unridable and they just can't come back and face the music by telling us we were right. Hopefully they learn and the next build goes better.

o1marc said:
Some continue to build "their dream" and get near the end of the build and realize we were right in everything we told them was wrong. or they actually finish and find it to be unridable and they just can't come back and face the music by telling us we were right. Hopefully they learn and the next build goes better.
How many finished it and it worked fine and didnt want to share because they thought the insulting naysayers didnt deserve to see something they thought couldn't be done?

If you dont think of that then you may have missed the point of the thread.

DohcBikes said:
How many finished it and it worked fine and didnt want to share because they thought the insulting naysayers didnt deserve to see something they thought couldn't be done?

If you dont think of that then you may have missed the point of the thread.
I didn't miss that. You may notice I will no longer post anything here about my bike anymore. I will only offer what good advice I can to those who want to hear it.

I would hope you would continue to post Marc. You are a land speed racer so why should you give a rats about what people think? You build it try it and if it works great. If not change it and make it work. Naysayers will naysay regardless. I'm sure there are people out there that can tell you that Marquz' Honda is a deathtrap. I do like when someone posts something obviously wrong that the reasons why are pointed out to him (or her to be politically correct) in correct manner. Rather than jumping all over it. I put a supercharger on the sidecar. I had no idea other than a very rudimentary idea. I asked knowledgeable people and these guys are racers so I got intelligent answers. And that's whats needed here. Go over to landracing.com. Questions there range from stupid to very complex. Seems like everyone gets a civilized answer with the odd smartass thrown in for good measure. Sorry for wandering. I'm really old.

Hoofhearted said:
I would hope you would continue to post Marc. You are a land speed racer so why should you give a rats about what people think? You build it try it and if it works great. If not change it and make it work. Naysayers will naysay regardless. I'm sure there are people out there that can tell you that Marquz' Honda is a deathtrap. I do like when someone posts something obviously wrong that the reasons why are pointed out to him (or her to be politically correct) in correct manner. Rather than jumping all over it. I put a supercharger on the sidecar. I had no idea other than a very rudimentary idea. I asked knowledgeable people and these guys are racers so I got intelligent answers. And that's whats needed here. Go over to landracing.com. Questions there range from stupid to very complex. Seems like everyone gets a civilized answer with the odd smartass thrown in for good measure. Sorry for wandering. I'm really old.
Hoof, you know where to find me in more places than one besides here.

I know. But you are the only other LSR guy I know on these forums. Sometimes, when I post something about LSR I get the feeling I'm pissin' into the wind. No one is interested. Continue to post.

Hoofhearted said:
I know. But you are the only other LSR guy I know on these forums. Sometimes, when I post something about LSR I get the feeling I'm pissin' into the wind. No one is interested. Continue to post.
You know where to find me and know that I am current in all the LSR sites on a daily basis. LSR is an expensive venture and the interested crowd is small. Looking forward to meeting you in person, soon at Ohio if you can make it, or B'ville if they ever let us back on the salt, or mud or whatever is left out there.

If people are trolling ignore them, trolls get off on pissing people off. If enough people ignore them they will naturally migrate to a new forum. Please don't give up on the place because of a few shit disturbers.

o1marc/hoofhearted, I've got nothing to add for LSR (unless you are adding LEDs... lol) but I like to read about things that my wife won't let me do.

Cheers

redwillissuperman said:
I will post this and then delete it once everyone pisses on it:

Just like how SiriusXM is trying to bring back old subscribers, why not have the moderators contact all the "Dead Builds" out there. Ask them to post an update of some kind. Maybe rekindle the fire.

I was looking for some inspiration for a brat and I realized I was reading the same posts over and over again on each build- no fenders, no tire clearance, bars don't turn far enough, firestones, seat is too thin, exhaust is too loud.....and then the updates would stop. Maybe the builder died, or they got tired of having to "activate Adobe", or they felt unwelcomed.....

Or they came up against an obstacle and felt they had no where to turn for help and guidance.

Some of the people on here have great talent and experience. they build a lot of different bikes and maybe even work at a dealership. Others have one bike they built in 1989 using the JC Whitney catalogue and now just have opinions. The first group needs to overpower the second.

Maybe add a silence button, where the OP can "silence" a poster from his thread. That would keep the pissing matches to a minimum.

Anyways, I'm still not running dorky fenders.

But you can modify it :-*

I remember when this was being built and there were pics on the build thread.

Yeah, been lurking for a while. Remember being floored by this build, esp when troy built the new fiberglass tank. This bike has the best details.

Attachments

• 296.jpg
    296.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 195
redwillissuperman said:
You forgot to tell me that putting USD forks on a vintage bike will change the trail and cause me to crash into an old lady crossing the street , and that the braking forces imparted on the old frame will make it pretzel into a ball. ;D

Here... your gonna call me out here?

And you have first hand knowledge of this? I can only assume you are referring to my CBR6 Modified yes? How many of these Modified bikes you suppose are running around proving this theory wrong today. Thing is we are not all the dumbass you may think we are.

I do respect your opinion, but please. As my friend Kacey says... Keep it to yourself :eek:

Hoofhearted said:

Hoof, I have nothing to contribute on LSR but like to read your posts and learn what creative and challenging things you are up to. Keep posting.

DohcBikes said:
I'm thinking, sarcasm.

Soooo, we need like, a special font for posting sarcasm...

Sarcasm....too soon, maybe...the wounds are still fresh....

I will send him a tshirt with a cat picture on it.

redwillissuperman said:
Sarcasm....too soon, maybe...the wounds are still fresh....

I will send him a tshirt with a cat picture on it.
Reminds me of the humorous moment in the OJ Simpson trial when Kato Kaelin was being questioned and he kept answering with "Unh Huh" indicating yes. They told him he needs to answer with Yes or NO, the stenographer did not have a key for "Unh Huh". He said "She should get one". ;D

sleventynineR said:
I remember when this was being built and there were pics on the build thread.

Yeah, been lurking for a while. Remember being floored by this build, esp when troy built the new fiberglass tank. This bike has the best details.

I like the thinking that went into the handlebar/headlight mount there. Ingenuity at it's finest.

"People in glass houses should use black kettles. Or something." -Von Yinzer

Back
Top Bottom