Well.. Well... Look what limped it way to the stables this morn...

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
2004 GSXR 750... poor thing...

needs a little TLC. What should I do with this bike? Another Street Fighter?..

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

Engine runs strong!..
Its just gonna need:
- front right fork
- shifter peg
- right side farring (If I decide to make it a full farring bike)...

244.jpg

237.jpg

235.jpg

I have a bin fill of of new OEM parts and plastics that tagged along, including a highmount hindle exhaust

the price tag for this little gem of a bike - 1400 bones... ;D Steal of the Century!

Lucky bugger!!!!

I'd fix it up race-style (yes, with fairings), and ride the crap out of it!

I second the naked bike. Those things look bad ass without plastics covering that beaut of an engine. Twin headlights and all. Are you planning on stripping it all the way down to frame? If so, a yellow frame under all that would look freakin' rad.

Great score! I vote for full race fairings. Track bike.

NICE! Hows about you stick a vintage fairing on there. Like the Airtech CR750 piece. Custom subframe with a vintage style race seat. And this paint:

DSC_0153-copy.jpg

DO IT!

I'm in love with that paint scheme, Mike. Any info on it? "Rightmyer?"

Sorry for the thread jack...

Found it here Chris:

http://www.retromotoonline.com/archives/653

Kinda cool blog... Look familiar?

http://www.retromotoonline.com/archives/1330

Those colors would be rad. I like the idea of the vintage fairing but naked is always fun too.

hmmm.. Interesting...
I have a GSXR 750 StreetFighter already that some of you DTT oldies might remember:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=5440.0
IMG_1496.jpg

59Fighter-Mondo.jpg

ALthough I do like the ideal of modifying the crap out of the bike and stick a vintage 1 piece full farring, Im kinda leaning towards all stock plastics, painted matte black, except the tail, seat cowl and back rim all yellow, yellow rim tape on the front wheel that is also painted black...

hmm.. not sure... so much potential!

I like the vintage idea too, but it breaks such a grand tradition. You just belong on a bad ass punked out naked bike. You know the allure of the darkside is too strong to resist.

CrescentSon said:
I like the vintage idea too, but it breaks such a grand tradition. You just belong on a bad ass punked out naked bike. You know the allure of the darkside is too strong to resist.

BHAHAHAha... yeah.. you know me do damn well...
n504530192_5162170_4035.jpg

There's just something about riding "outside" the group...
While everyone is talkin about Bandit helemts and 3/4 lids with vintage JT masks, I've been sporting this lid.

RoofBoxerV8.jpg

Hey Noel, you've done the rattle-can-black-streetfighter thing, so you should to do something like this:

KawZX10Cafe.jpg

Anybody can put the plastic back on it! Come on, man! Strip 'er down to the bare necessities!! I can already hear DrJ's teeth grinding! ("modern" Cafe?! liquid cooled?! pppfffftttt!!) ;D ;D

Do it!!

Do it!!

8) 8)

I think you should get it running, leave it all banged up, then cruise around the shoreline with a Corona t-shirt and flip flops on picking up chicks in total squid glory.

SquadraCorse said:
I think you should get it running, leave it all banged up, then cruise around the shoreline with a Corona t-shirt and flip flops on picking up chicks in total squid glory.

Never mind Corona t-shirt and flip-flops... I think Im gonna go for the ultimate squidness look:

Back
Top Bottom