What did you do to your bike today.........???

Re: What did you do to your bike today.........?????? I did this.

wahvtec said:
Finally took off the weird ape hangers and did all the associated rewiring. New front brake and clutch cable to get rid of the extra foot of cable. Need to order a throttle cable, but feels much better now.

Looks good...................

Finished up the oil lines and decided to gas her up and put in some Lucus carb cleaner, boy-oh-boy, she don't like that sh1t.

Spitting and sputtering, and back firing.....sheesh........barely made it back home.

Should have stuck with Seafoam.........always done ok with that.

Well, pulled the plugs, dropped the bowls, main jet and slow jets. Dumped the gas from the tank. Blew out the jets, carbs, cleaned the plugs, made sure gas was flowing though the petcock, put everything back, took a ride and still back fired on accel, and decal.....wtf.....crap.

And all because I put in Lucus carb cleaner in after changing oil, and oil lines.

Sh1t.

ebu9yjy7.jpg

Toted all the tools to my buddies on my 750.
Cleaned the carbs, cleaned the air filter and put fresh gas in it. All of this to get his girlfriends 07' Ninja 250r on the road after sitting for 2 years.

Got it running and rode it today and couldn't wait to get off of it and back on mine!
It was like riding a Razor crotch rocket.

Replaced the clutch cable and got it adjust per the FSM. Bike rides a lot better. It had a cable that was too long as it had ape-hanger bars on it when I bought the thing.

Crap...................

i got the ICO digital enduro speedo/odo installed and calibrated
went for a ride was able to pretty easily get 90mph,and it cruises effortlesly at 70-75 just over 7k rpm,not bad for the lower hp SL350 but i did bore out the carbs about a mm maybe 2 and have 1mm over 10.5 pistons :)
used a gallon jug to fill back up to check fuel economy, 50mpg over a hunderd mile ride,
the new oem honda points are in as well

Attachments

• points and ICO 001.JPG
    points and ICO 001.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 164
I sync'd my carbs too about 2 hours, but were spot on :) I was going to take a pic but phone was in the house

Well, pulled the carbs: guess I can figure why the choke didn't operate correctly.

Also, may have had leaks at the manifolds.....

Attachments

• P1040620.JPG
    P1040620.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 170
  • P1040619.JPG
    P1040619.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 168
I did something I swore to God I would never do. I wrapped an exhaust pipe. God will condemn me to hell for it. I hate wrapped pipes with a passion. I've always believed you only wrapped pipes because they were rusty or dinged. The Bonneville salt messed up my pipe but it still looked better than wrapping. I'm using the excuse that with the blower fitted the carb sits a bit too close to the pipe for comfort. Maybe God will forgive me.

LOL watch out Hoof before you know it you'll have the nortons pipes wrapped to and then the truck it's a sickness that cna spread like wild fire.

Back
Top Bottom