Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

Sold this a month ago. 1970 Suzuki t350.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451099013743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451099013743.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 789
Titan Twingle.Using up spare stuff from the shelf:ignition goodies,hardware for manifold,TM41.Ok,K&N is new.This is my no budget/low budget side project.

Attachments

• IMG_6548.JPG
    IMG_6548.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6549.JPG
    IMG_6549.JPG
    750.1 KB · Views: 262
I always liked these bikes/ motors, roadraced one a bit in the early '80's. I picked up a motor for $40,cleaned,inspected, new seals, gaskets, stainless bolt kit, did the oil pump delete mods, omitted the 2#5oz. flywheel,new points,standard bore rings,did enough porting to kick the carpal tunnel into overdrive. Intake manifold is recycled scraps,ignition is leftover points amplifier(and a spare),epoxy high volt coils,solid core wires,good NAPA plug boots,all leftovers from the stockpile. As is the big carb from my CR500. It will be dual-fire(both plugs firing every 180 degrees) and total loss. This is going in my spare Yamaha chassis, looking for Ninja 250 17" wheels,swingarm,brakes,front end. I'll use this for a drag playbike. If it runs good I'll bracket race it. All the internals looked like brand new,it even had beefy clutch springs already.

I like things that are a bit different.I have ridden plenty of strong sleds with 2/1 or 3/1 pipes. I have also ridden a GT750 Buffalo with a single pipe. That was ok cool but crapped out way too early. This chamber is from a 500 Artic Cat sled with very similar bore/stroke/rpm range. My biggest concern is that the T500 is piston ported and the Cat is reed valve. With the big flatslide,porting and chamber I am looking for great midrange,yet still pull hard to 8000.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 250
3 into 1 pipes really struggle on a street bike but can work on a sled with the right design. A twin is much different though and should potentially work. I am really interested to see the power curve for this one but I suspect that it will have trouble revving to 8,000 because of the small time area, but who knows if that pipe will help to suck gas through the tiny ports fast enough to work.

It's good to see people trying things that they know may not work but are willing to take that chance and try it anyway. If we don't try we surely cannot ever succeed. Good luck.

finally after years of looking, I have my own two stroke. Always wanted one dating back to high school circa 1989 when I learned to ride on my brother's Kawasaki H1. Picked up this crappy, rusted out T500 last summer and have proceed to replace and refurbish everything. My chambers just came today from Higgspeed and I mocked them up, which is why I decided to post here. Those chambers finally make it look like a real smoker. Now I just need rearsets, some paint, powder coat the frame, etc.

stroker crazy said:
Your perseverance has been well rewarded!

Not usually recommended for learners!

It's a good thing you're still with us.

Crazy

I should elaborate somewhat. I had been riding dirt bikes since I was 5 years old. I "learned" to ride on the street legally on the H1. It was quite the bike! He actually still has it and drives it regularly.

Back
Top Bottom