Post a pic of your latest purchase

A man after my own heart, my friend. I love that place. Only for things that don't have an RPM higher than1000 though.

And it's good quality????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its actually extremely good quality. In fact better quality than the craftsman small stack i have. Granted its old craftsman (mid 90s) Its an excellent purchase IMO. I'm fact, I'm after the top box and side cabinet now.

Kanticoy said:
Its actually extremely good quality. In fact better quality than the craftsman small stack i have. Granted its old craftsman (mid 90s) Its an excellent purchase IMO. I'm fact, I'm after the top box and side cabinet now.

I've walked up one like a staircase, and I second that they're better than the now more expensive Craftsman stuff.

If you get to know the people at your local Harbor Freight - if they're like the folks at my local store - they'll be frank with you about what stuff comes back for returns regularly, too.

Two Trailtech Vapors. One for SOS and one for Zoidberg.

Attachments

• DSCF2813.JPG
    DSCF2813.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 192
Yea, I have formed a pretty good relationship with mine as well.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm generally unhappy with my Craftsman and have been looking for something that's better (ball bearings and bigger shit etc.). I'll take a look.

What coupons did you end up using, just the standard 20% off?

Yep, they had a tent sale where they were on sale for $399 (normally $599), and then did 20%for $280.

I'm completely happy with them.

Awesome. As you can probably tell, I'm really excited to read this!

OK, I saw the Glock and felt compelled to share:

DSC01165_zpsdfb8c955.jpg

Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS

I have not shot it yet, hopefully this weekend! I don't know about where you live, but by me, one round of 9mm
is about the equivalent of one unicorn tooth. Luckily I have a friend that drives all over the midwest for work!

One more thing I want to show off now ;D

After going through too many "nice boots" that are just made by well known companies
who outsource to China, I decided to bite the bullet and spend some money on some
Red Wings. I must say, the quality difference between these, and say...today's Doc Martens,
is night and day. So far, so good!

DSC01256_zps8f7c9006.jpg

madmatt1 said:
One more thing I want to show off now ;D

After going through too many "nice boots" that are just made by well known companies
who outsource to China, I decided to bite the bullet and spend some money on some
Red Wings. I must say, the quality difference between these, and say...today's Doc Martens,
is night and day. So far, so good!

DSC01256_zps8f7c9006.jpg

For boots, I never where anything but red wings. I've got 4 pairs now, the oldest being about ten years old and I wear that pair almost every day. If you take car of them, they should last a very long time. Mind you, I do send them out to be resoled by redwing periodically but I wear them hard and they come back looking better and better every time.

Hate to break the news but Red Wings are now made in the great land of China. Have to love economics, huh?

I bought a pair of 8" Thorogood's. Same weight as Red Wings but union made in the US and half the price. Also, you don't have to break the in again if you don't wear them for a week.

A18B7DFF-F9ED-461A-AFC1-2E33B31E5EEC-1934-000000B4D42CA25A.jpg

Some of them are made in China - but not all of them. Red Wings is still making boots Stateside.

Red Wing branded boots are still made in the USA, though some components are imported. Other lines owned by Red Wing are made in China.

May I stand corrected. That being said, with an 8" boot getting up to $300, I think I would rather not pay for the name. You can get a fully custom built, fully rebuildable pair of Whites for an extra $100.

I do get that it's an iconic look and no knocking those who love them. They have built a reputation for a reason.

May not be made here, but Ariat boots are the hands down most comfortable and toughest boots I've ever bought. Have a few different pairs of different styles

http://www.ariat.com/Work/Men/Footwear/Safety/SierraH2OSt.html?color=SUNSHINE these for workin'

http://www.ariat.com/Western/Men/Footwear/CowboyBoots/RamblerSquareToe.html?color=MOCCASIN these for everyday.

A pal of mine turned me on to them a few years back.....ain't worn my old Red Wings since.

They are good looking boots. Ill stick with US made stuff though. Its hard enough to make sure the other stuff I need is made in the States. Boots are simple. Every little bit helps.

My buddy wears Ariat boots and loves them. I'm not one for slip-ons though. Just not enough country in this city boy. ;)

I swear by Justin Boots....

On a different note I just snagged up this Pneumatic angle die grinder for $30 from the local hardware store. I've already got a straight one but the angle is nice for shaping and getting in different spots. The hardware store has been in business for over 60 years. The owner works the counter and told me if I ever had any issues in the next 5 years bring it in and he'll swap me out over the counter. Beyond that he'll give me the option to send it away and have it rebuilt for shipping cost or 50% off a new one. All on the back of the reciept. Couldn't pass it up, never heard of the brand but for $30 can ya go wrong?

73D2F699_zps0e7a99b7.jpg

sxecafe said:
My buddy wears Ariat boots and loves them. I'm not one for slip-ons though. Just not enough country in this city boy. ;)

They make a bunch of different lace-up boots as well. I have one pair, http://www.ariat.com/Western/Men/Footwear/CowboyBoots/RamblerLacer.html?color=DISTRESSED_BROWN

I have the slip on and the lace version of the same boot, I prefer the slip on myself

Back
Top Bottom