cb450k7 rearsets done

dgallagher

I thought I would post this here as well as on my project page. Finished the rearsets, very happy with set up, as I am trying to make this bike look like it was built in the 60's I did not want to use the rearsets I have seen for sale, not that they dont look good, they just would not look right on this bike. I had first used the passenger peg as a mount but it did not feel good so I welded a bracket to the triangle shaped opening in the frame, the bracket is the same for the shift and brake sides I used the old passeger foot pegs which works real well for the brake side as it folds up for kick star. to fabricate I used 1/8 steel plate and 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch round bar, I bent the round bar old school, heat and beat. For ball joints I used Burns Q-D Ball Joint 1/4-28 Quik Disconnet ball joints I purchased at a Internationl Harvester Implement Store. The shift side has a sealed bareing in it for ease of movement, I first had the pivit arms shorter than you see now but banged into the ball joint with my ankle so I moved them up to were that would not happen, It also shifts alot better with the longer lever arms. The brake side had a second bracket with a 14mm bolt for a pivit point to which I attached a steel coller and welded my brake pedal and pivit arm. This set up allows me to use a short section of the old brake pedal with original brake light switch, return spring, and lever stop adjusting nut, I still need to dress up were I cut off the old pedal but that must wait untill I dissasemble the bike. I have many more pics at http://rides.webshots.com/album/579634585eUzthb This set up works for me, keeps my knees up by the tank and not on the cylinders and my rists and neck feel good as well, Im sure I could ride for and hour or so before I felt tired of the position, would need a cig anyway. I am not recommending this for anyone else as it is hand fabricated and your welds need to be solid. Im just saying I like it and it works for me.

Attachments

• rsz_1dsc00195[1].jpg
    rsz_1dsc00195[1].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 256
  • rsz_2dsc00231[1].jpg
    rsz_2dsc00231[1].jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 239
Back
Top Bottom